Panic - Aaron Fisher

Jan 28, 2009
Last time I did a review of one of his effects, I said he was becoming my favorite Theory 11 artist. This effect seals the deal. He is officially my favorite Theory 11 artist, because this **** works. It shouldn't, lol. It really shouldn't work. When I first saw the gaff I thought..........omg........how the heck am I going to pull this off. I had read about something similar, but totally unrelated in terms of the effect a while ago, and thought...hmmm. There's a lineage at play here of some really awesome effects, so there may be something to this!

And believe me it does work. It boggles the mind that it does, but if you follow Aaron's advice on the DVD, you literally cannot get busted. The advice that he gives applies also to just about every aspect of handling a deck of cards, and his points on misdirection are golden for -any- aspect of magic.

During the course of the DVD Aaron explains how you're going to pull it off, and not only pull it off but have people's jaws on the floor and people convinced you are in fact magical. There's no moving parts, no nonsense, none of the usual shenanigans that come with making stuff vanish in this fashion. To all accounts you hold a deck of cards, and it literally vanishes in your hands to reappear in your back pocket. It is what it is, and it is absolutely as good as it looks. The sleights are not hard, but the performance is key.

Aaron runs through every aspect of the trick, how to handle the sleights, the cards, both a basic and an advanced version, how to control the audience, basically everything that you'll need to make this fly. And it's not hard to perform in the slightest.

The guy is literally a genius.

Do not expect to get some huge robotic deck teleportation device. The gimmick is as simple as it is completely brilliant. You may be dubious at first, but once you try it in front of a mirror, and then in front of a person, you fool yourself every time you perform it.

There's a lot you can do with this effect. If you don't have it, buy it. Period.

Literally I watched it, practiced the techniques for about an hour or so, rocked up to my fiance, who's seen it all, and busts me regularly and performed it and she wigged out completely. This is not hard people, but it is absolutely brilliant. lol.

I appreciate I'm ranting a bit here, but this was awesome. Aaron, you rock. lol.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I thought the same thing you did when I first got the effect "how is this going to fool anyone"...but I still have people that I bump into and ask me to do it again and again. I lost my gaff a while back, which really sucks...but I really love this trick.

Good review. I would really like to see another Aaron Fisher trick soon....or maybe another 1-on-1.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I felt the same way as you as soon as I got it, I thought "Wait a minute, this isn't going to fool anyone" then I practiced it ect... and it still amazes me with its awesomeness.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Yes it did, but you have that feeling when you get the gimmick, because you don't know how easy or tough it will be. But I am very pleased I purchased it, I love it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results