Panic Questions

Apr 23, 2008
I am stunned by the video of panic. I found it after stumbling across some bicycle guardians on ebay and wanting to know where they came from and then i found this jewel of a site. (its great to find another site like ellusionist.) I am interested in picking up panic but i have a few questions.

1. How quick is the setup/prep work? Basicaly, can the gimmick be immediatly employed on a deck. i.e. a borrowed deck. (for example, the raven has a bit of prep work involved...) Is it a grab and go gimmick.

2. How fast is the reset? (this may be answered by the last question.)

3. How durrable is the gimmick? I am not expecting to be rough on it, but is it something i can keep in my pocket confidently until such times as it is needed?

4. are the cards examinable before the trick starts?

5. can it be done with cards other than the kings?

6. how long is the learning curve?

I love the visual effects that can be obtained through gimmick but i am not a fan of the prep work/lack of improptu that can sometimes occur from using them. So if i could get a little help from one of you that has braved the path and purchased Panic, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brain Virus

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The setup is pretty quick. If you grab the gimmick and a matching deck its ready to perform nearly instantly.

2. The reset is under 10 seconds but cannot be done in front of the spec unless you're fantastic with misdirection

3. The gimmick is durable, the only thing is that after a while if you don't wash your hands when performing it repeatedly, it gets dirty. Wash your hands and youll be fine. It's fine to keep it in a back pocket I would think as long as you dont sit down right on top of it.

4. With some misdirection it can be done, but it really isnt needed. You could hand the deck for examination, go to the pocket for say, the card box or a wand or something and fetch the gimmick.

Hope that helps.

Trent.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
1. It doesn't take long at all. All you need is the gimmick and a red deck of bikes and you're pretty much good to go. The set up can be done in front of people, too, which is great.

2. The reset should take as long as the initial set up, I suppose.

3. The gimmick is as durable as cards are. So, I suppose if you get it wet it's not good.. and not in extreme heat, either. But it should last if you take care of it and wash your hands and stuff. The usual.

4. Well, it depends which handling you use. If you go for the 'basic' technique, no.

5. Nope.

6. Not long at all.. I had the technique down in half an hour..

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I will try and answer your questions the best that I can, so here we go:

1. The setup is fairly fast, Aaron covers all of the details regarding setup on the DVD.

2. It takes a matter of seconds, the reset is the same as the setup.

3. The gimmick is durable, I would not recommend washing it, or do anything extreme like that, but as long as you take good care of it, it should last you a while. And of course, there are replacement gimmicks available.

4. The deck is, the gimmick is not.

5. It can not, unfortunately.

6. It varies, however, the effect is relatively simple, and Aaron's teaching is superb, so you should be set.

If you would like some more information regarding this effect, I recommend checking out the review thread.

Take care,
TDA

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results