PANIC vs "Ghost deck effect"

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
For those who own "The Real Secrets of Magic" by David Stone, you know there is a killer effect where the entire deck vanishes from your hands, leaving just the 4 of a kind that matches your spectator's selection. This is ungimmicked, the set up takes about 10 seconds and oyu can use any borrowed deck.

So here's my question : is panic worth purchasing ? It looks more visual, but to the specs the difference must not be that important...If you guys have both, what do you think ?

Aug 31, 2007
I get unbelieveable reactions with Ghost and I pretty sure it's the same with Panic. I was thinking about getting Panic, but Ghost has almost the same outcome of Panic.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Wow, so on David Stone's DVD he has a vanishing deck effect which leaves four selected cards? That has me sold. I was hoping that you could do that with Panic but the fact that you couldn't is what turned me off about the effect.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
For those who own "The Real Secrets of Magic" by David Stone, you know there is a killer effect where the entire deck vanishes from your hands, leaving just the 4 of a kind that matches your spectator's selection. This is ungimmicked, the set up takes about 10 seconds and oyu can use any borrowed deck.

So here's my question : is panic worth purchasing ? It looks more visual, but to the specs the difference must not be that important...If you guys have both, what do you think ?

I love that effect, Ghost.
I would still say that yes PANIC is still worth getting.
And your taking this effect from the stand point that panic is: Make the deck disappear, leaving four kings.
Actually it is a TRANSPOSITION of the deck and the four kings. That fact makes it different than Ghost because Ghost is just the deck disappears magically leaving the selection and it's 3 mates, not a visual transpo.
And plus you get a 2 phase advanced version which is uber.

JMHO

Sep 1, 2007
panic/david stone's

I like Panic and david stone's because david stones is impromtu which is excellent and panic is gimmicked but so awesome

i rate both 5/5

Panic is worth it and then some, even if you don't replace Ghost with the effect. Aaron's got so much teaching in that DVD, stuff that transcends the effect itself.

He even offers tips on moves and concepts from The Paper Engine, something I was very surprised (in a good way) to see. This guy knows his stuff and it shows, so don't think that because you know an effect that's similar to this one that you won't learn something here.

I wouldn't offer this for most DVD's, but with this one it's warranted.

Pj

Panic is worth it and then some, even if you don't replace Ghost with the effect. Aaron's got so much teaching in that DVD, stuff that transcends the effect itself.

He even offers tips on moves and concepts from The Paper Engine, something I was very surprised (in a good way) to see. This guy knows his stuff and it shows, so don't think that because you know an effect that's similar to this one that you won't learn something here.

I wouldn't offer this for most DVD's, but with this one it's warranted.

Pj
Agreed. Not only is it a fantastic effect, but Aaron offers so much useful, practical advice about tension in your performances and other things that he talks about in his book, The Paper Engine. Also, Ghost is not a transposition effect, but Panic is, which I thought was a cool thing and is really one more magical thing that happens right in front of the spectator. And I haven't watched RSOM in a while, but I don't think that Ghost lets the spectators see the entire deck immediatley before it is vanshed. Panic does, and more visual means a greater level of conviction for the spectator (as a sidenote, for more information on conviction in the spectator's mind and levels of conviction, pick up Ortiz's Strong Magic). Also, Widespread Panic is a GREAT no-palming travellers effect that flows wonderfully into Panic.

So in short, I think it's totally worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results