Patter Ideas?

Nov 27, 2009
I saw a guy one do a handkerchief routine with a green handkerchief that he said was, if I'm remembering correctly, made of leprechauns or something like that. Of course he had a story around the entire thing that was supposed to be entertaining. I don't recommend using this idea because it's rather unbelievable (and unbelievably cheesy if you ask me), even when you factor in suspension of disbelief, but maybe it'll get you thinking.

Anyway, now an attempt to actually be helpful. What are you looking for in this patter? Do you like story tricks? Or are you looking for a more direct "here it is, now it's gone" approach?

(Don't expect any great ideas to come from me, patter and scripting are my weakness, these questions are more for the benefit of the community.)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
What color is it? For example: if it is a yellow one you can talk about how the sun rises in the East and make it appear and how it disappears into darkness in the West. I'm just showing you a simple example.

It could be silly patter that nobody believes but it remains entertaining or it can be something very serious in nature.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ha Ha. This is true. I do a very serious effect with a monkey bar and a little stuffed monkey that swings from rope to rope but I also act as if the monkey is alive and I have trained it and that the audience needs to stay quiet...blah blah blah. It plays really funny.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results