PDF Review: The Inversion Theory - David Misner

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
David-
I don't mean to slander your, but I really don't see anything special about the effect. Within my mind immediately 3-4 ways to do the same effect and have the same result could be accomplished. I give you props for being able to create something, but how long has this effect been in the works?

I really don't see anything mind numbing or all that magicial. It just seems like pick a card REVEAL. I think if you released a solid ROUTINE using more then just one sequence then the product would be more worthwhile. $15 is a bit high compared to what else you can get on the market for that price from KNOWN magicians. I would recommend you change it to $6-$7.

I only say that as constructive criticism and nothing personally or emotionally.
Congrats on the ideas though, I just think they need to be more developed.

David-
I don't mean to slander your, but I really don't see anything special about the effect. Within my mind immediately 3-4 ways to do the same effect and have the same result could be accomplished. I give you props for being able to create something, but how long has this effect been in the works?

I really don't see anything mind numbing or all that magicial. It just seems like pick a card REVEAL. I think if you released a solid ROUTINE using more then just one sequence then the product would be more worthwhile. $15 is a bit high compared to what else you can get on the market for that price from KNOWN magicians. I would recommend you change it to $6-$7.

I only say that as constructive criticism and nothing personally or emotionally.

Do spectators see methods right away?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
David-

Thanks for your opinion, and I see where you are coming from. I'm not here saying that my effects are revolutionary or that they are the best to ever come.

The reason I don't have full out routines is for a few reasons. One, my style doesn't fit a long routine. I prefer quick flashy tricks, similar to DnD.

Two, the effects in the pdf all can be combined to create a routine, which is what I do if I'm trying to do a longer show.

As for your comment on how long these have been in the works, I'll tell you that most of them have been around for over 2 years. I've been refining them steadily, and the methods I present to you are in my opinion the most streamlined and visual.

It's a bit annoying when people start criticizing an effect before they even see a performance. You said they don't seem mind-numbing or visual, but I've received some of the best reactions with these effects. Take this for instance. A simple DL, if presented right, can become one of the most mindblowing experiences for a spectator.

And congratulations on thinking of ways my effects can be accomplished. What trick don't you make solutions for. I know I do it. The minute I see a new trick I begin to imagine all the different ways it could be accomplished. That's nothing new.

If you want a more detailed explanation of each effect, how long it's been in the works, etc, please feel free to PM me.

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
any possibilities for a demo of all the effects?

There is already a demo of Minority available at MJM, so you can go check that out. Sean Raf has also posted his take on my Don't Blink effect, so I'm sure if you search around you can find it. As for the others, I didn't design them for camera so they don't work quite so well. If I ever get a live performance video up, I'll try to include an effect or two from IT.

David

Apr 22, 2008
I got the notes, and lemme tell you, they're awesome .... the tricks give you ideas for more tricks .... thanks David.

Apr 22, 2008
Cool, when I get my camera back I'll be posting a trick inspired by minority, It's pretty cool.

Cant wait for your next project.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results