People taking deck and organizing it/playing solitaire?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
This might just be a "me" problem as I mostly perform at school but has anyone else ever had a spectator ask if the deck is gaffed and then ask to examine the cards. After looking to make sure its not stacked, rigged, all the same card, etc., they just start putting all the cards back in order or will set up a game of solitaire? I thought it was weird the first time it happened but I've had this happen with around 5 people now. It's weird and I have no idea whether this is a common problem or not. Let me know if anyone has had something like this happen to them

Mar 15, 2017
Nope, never had that happen, I usually just do a false cut or false shuffle when I start. If that happens though, I would just spread the cards, and tell them to inspect them.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I can't say I've ever had that happen either. I've had people question me before if I was using a "real" deck in which I reply, "Sure...go ahead and shuffle." After performing 2-3 effects with the normal deck I will pocket it, go onto rubber bands or something and then as an after thought, ring in the "gaff" deck and fry them. Ha...good times.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I have had this happen. We play cards a lot in my family and solitaire is how my grand parents check for a full deck. My Grandma has done this ever since I was little. I created a routine on my DVD Electro as well as on Almost Automatic that takes advantage of this scenario and you look like you can stack a deck for solitaire in the process. PM me if you would like more details.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I have been playing solitaire for years. Suddenly it will not run. It will open to first page, but will not actually run. The little card symbols in the centre will spin, but no further. I have tried resetting, deleting and re-installing, but nothing works. The computer is up to date.
Sir this is a magic forum. I'm not sure any of us are qualified to do tech support on the Solitaire app

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results