Performing for kids?

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
hey all,

I wanted to get your advice on something. I am going to try to volunteer my services at a cancer ward for kids in my hometown. I was curious as to what type of things would be a good idea to perform so that kids would be able to follow. I'm guessing the ages are anywhere from 8-18 or so.

I know there are plenty of answers to this question but I felt it would great to get the advice of lots of people. I was thinking about keeping things simple for the younger kids such as french drop and pull from behind the ear type of things. Then as I get to older kids, work on more visual card tricks. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Chris

PS I know that some kids would be able to follow card tricks and such, so don't think I'm not giving them credit for following certain pieces of magic....any opinions welcome.

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
For youg kids I just perfom a simple coin routine. Make the coin vanish -> make it appear behind his hear -> vanish -> appear in other place, etc.
this will fool them (the youngers and maybe the olders).
for the most older guys, perfom normal card magic (bidlle trick, color changes, ace routines, etc), In the end You can perform a thing that everyone can folow. Let's say for example "Sinful".
Hope that helps.

J.

May 3, 2008
There's nothing wrong with doing cards for kids. Just keep it simple like "that's not your card?" and change it into it. It really doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep them interested and it's not overly complexed. Sponges and cards do the work for everyone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results