Performing in the UK ?

Dec 8, 2014
Hello there !

Well as I am new here, I guess I'll present myself first. My name is Joan Lane, I'm a french magician and I've been performing for about five years and two years semi-professionally. I've known theory 11 for quite some time now, and I'm always quite astonished by the quality of the material you release. Guys, if you read me, good job. (But why don't you have any female t-shirts ? I would buy them !)

Here's my main question. I have just expatriated to the UK, so I was wondering what was the actual regulation for performing here ? Do I need to be a sort of contractor ? If so, how can I proceed ? I tried to find some info online, but either google is not my friend, or I'm just too stupid to find the right keywords :p

So, if anyone knows something about this, don't hesitate to tell me ! :)

Thankies !

Dec 8, 2014
I'm usually performing in restaurants, corporate functions, private parties... Strolling and table hopping, in fact.

Sep 2, 2007
London
You don't need any specific performance licence or anything like that, but you will need to be registered either as a company or as self-employed (possibly both, depending on how you structure your business) for tax purposes. Does that answer your question?

Dec 8, 2014
Oh, alright. Yep, that's pretty much what I was asking :) Thanks !

I'll try to call the job centre, they might have informations on the specifics.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results