Permanently Bent Decks

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
so i had ordered couple of decks. the first 3 i opened were fine.(1 of each kind just to check em all out)

weeks went by. i opened a new deck and noticed it had a permanent bend to it. the whole deck is a bit bent and you can make a snapping sound with it.

i thought like man if every deck i have left is like that im gonna be pissed. so i opened another deck and it was fine, then i went to the store. i came back and it was bent equally as all my other bent decks

why does this happen?

the decks were sealed and been in room temp for some weeks.

is this what you mean by "warped" ? ive seen that been mentioned before but never knew what it meant.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
You should take them out of the box and put them in the middle of a heavy pile of books, that generally defeats any bend in a deck.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Yeah. I get the same problem!!
Sometimes when i open new decks, its already got a bend.

WHY I ASK!?

its not a big big bend but its a really stiff and annoying bend that makes a snap sound if you bend the deck the opposite way.

im trying the heavy pile of books thing.

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
Just use them, halfway through a deck's lifespan I think that "click" thing happens to everyone. If you just work through it (do some riffle shuffles, springs etc) it should sort itself out fairly quickly. :)

Remember they are only pieces of card, it's not like they're possessed by some demon or something that keeps them locked in the same posistion for all time. :p

Sep 3, 2007
London
This is a pretty common problem, just give the deck a few springs and LePauls in the opposite direction of the bend. Most of the time once the deck has been broken in the bend goes, so just use the deck I guess.

Nov 6, 2007
What I generally, though not entirelly. Is I only buy the cards I need for the time being. I've never EVER gotten a bent deck doing this. So I would suggest you buy them when you need them. This also depends on what type of cards your getting to though. If your getting gaurdians, you order a bunch so you don't run out. Just a suggestion. Do this if you can.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Just use them, halfway through a deck's lifespan I think that "click" thing happens to everyone. If you just work through it (do some riffle shuffles, springs etc) it should sort itself out fairly quickly. :)

Remember they are only pieces of card, it's not like they're possessed by some demon or something that keeps them locked in the same posistion for all time. :p

thing is if it has this annoying bend in the best half part of the lifespan its kinda **** i think.

and im beginning to think the cards are cursed.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
What I generally, though not entirelly. Is I only buy the cards I need for the time being. I've never EVER gotten a bent deck doing this. So I would suggest you buy them when you need them. This also depends on what type of cards your getting to though. If your getting gaurdians, you order a bunch so you don't run out. Just a suggestion. Do this if you can.

they dont sell bicycle or any other where i live so i have to order from far away.

This ususally occurs due to heat; be sure to keep your decks in a cool, dry environment - preferably a place where sunlight cannot directly reach it. Other than that, there's very little you can do to cure your card's illness except to work them in via giving them a couple of springs and LePaul Spreads to reverse the bend. Keep doing this until you feel it's much flatter -- but if you have a Porper Clip handy, now would be a good time to bring it into action. :)

Jordan

Aug 31, 2007
This ususally occurs due to heat; be sure to keep your decks in a cool, dry environment - preferably a place where sunlight cannot directly reach it. Other than that, there's very little you can do to cure your card's illness except to work them in via giving them a couple of springs and LePaul Spreads to reverse the bend. Keep doing this until you feel it's much flatter -- but if you have a Porper Clip handy, now would be a good time to bring it into action. :)

Jordan

Heat, yes, but mostly humidity, If you must, keep it in your fridge, only if it's REALLY BAD. I mean like the whole deck is folded.

i ordered a ghost deck from my local magic website.i opened it and one of the jokers where glued to the inner side of the box.now there is a little piece of glue sticing out of the edge on the right side.

i personally am not pissed off because it maintains a perfect break

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results