Phone Screen Shiner

Aug 12, 2014
So, I've been experimenting, and have found that a phone screen, while the phone is powered off, makes for a great shiner to peek a selected card. Say you spread the cards towards the spectator, and they select one. A quick glance, and you know what their card is. As long as they're comfortable with the idea of your phone being in front of you, it works. Has there already been work done on this? And what do you think about it as a viable table magic method?

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
So, I've been experimenting, and have found that a phone screen, while the phone is powered off, makes for a great shiner to peek a selected card. Say you spread the cards towards the spectator, and they select one. A quick glance, and you know what their card is. As long as they're comfortable with the idea of your phone being in front of you, it works. Has there already been work done on this? And what do you think about it as a viable table magic method?
I imagine that as long as you don't stare at your phone while you deal it should work fine. Could work as a table magic method, but the idea is related to cheating in gambling (namely poker). Have you considered using marked cards? I find the Madison line of marked cards to be very good.

Aug 12, 2014
You're right, it doesn't quite work in a gambling setting, but for close up, it has some applications. And, yeah, wouldn't want to stare, but a quick glance is all you need. In terms of marked cards, I do like the Madison line.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I have used this for the past few years and it does work great. I think I heard about it in high school. It's a great way to take advantage of your surroundings.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results