Plank - Here We Go Again!

Feb 15, 2008
Hey, guys.

I'm checking the originality of an original effect again. This time, it's something quite different. PLANK is a very powerful, IMPROMPTU psychokinetic effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziM45me35tg

Throw me your advice, and tell me if you've seen something similar... Oh, and I created the music! :D Thanks to Dana Hocking for inspiration :D

Thanks to all

RX

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Wow. That looks very cool!

I can definately imagine myself doing one of those in the undergound ride home; catch some attention!

Any plans for releasing it?

Gustav

Or any plans for being nice to me....? :p

Only thing I have seen which is similar, but completely different (That makes no sense) is an effect by Bich.

It is called 'Counterweight' and is actually a fairly cool effect, and the method is really cool.

http://www.mathieubich.com/site/FR/TRICKS/counterweight.html

Perhaps check it out?

Off the top of my head I cant think of anything similar.

Looks really great man!

Would love to see a few more videos and perhaps some different angles?

Matty

May 3, 2008
I love it. If you release your card to box effect and this, then I will love you to death. No joke. I would buy them both no doubt.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I'll be honest with you man, as cool as that looks and as clever as it probably is... I can't help but think "So what?", y'know? It's just kinda bland as an effect, I mean don't get me wrong it looks good but like... it's just a box, slowly lowering itself to a horizontal position.

The visuals are there... it's just not magical... to me.

- Sean

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Sean that was exactly what I was thinking.
Like there isn't really any magic involved.

This is just a "hey look what I can do" kinda trick. There's really no purpose.

It does have potential though. Play around with it for awhile and see what you can add to the effect. I'm sure you'll think of something.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
It seems like an effect you would do to get attention of the people around but not as an actual trick you know?
When I saw this i pictured myself doing it on a bench and people around glancing over and intrigued..but not as an actual trick..

Feb 15, 2008
Haha Well, showmanship is everything! With patter and stuff, this is quite hard-hitting. Great opener.

hmmm.. angley? didja get the inspiration from that recent session video up in the media section?
Some versions of PLANK are 360, some are not. The one I perform can be viewed from a 100 degrees area from the front to the back of the box to the right. Does that make sense? LOL :D

This should give an idea:

|......../
|...../
|../
0----------- 0 is the box. The lines are where the effect can be viewed from
|..\
|.....\
|.........\

No, I didn't get inspiration from that video. I've already worked on this for a few months.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results