Please don’t attack! I am merely a child!

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Happy Monday!
72BBFC99-5ECE-4180-8462-4F153CA926C9.jpeg
Ok, let me explain... for those who are confused I like to post a meme discussing an unpopular or debate worthy opinion every Monday in the art of magic, type like a 3 word message and leave faster than a magician at Cardistry con, HOWEVER this opinion is just so far out there I feel like it is important to give an explanation for once.
(For extra background please check this review by our own @Magic Orthodoxy)

before we get into it: here is a quick what the FAQ are reloads??
Well some Frequently Asked Questions are:

What are they???
The reloads were cards WITHOUT BOXES/TUCK-CASES
Why?
Well it’s simple they cost extra money so simply buy a new deck of reloads and you can use the same box you got from a dollar store over and over again. Or use that really nicely embossed theory11 tuckcase with your vibrant Ellusionist deck.
Why did critics pan this product?
Everything Ellusionist claimed was admittedly ridiculous
“more cost efficient”
by like... a dollar
“more eco-friendly”
...pretty sure the cellophane around the deck is more harmful than a cardboard box, but no I’m not an ecologist(...if that’s even a thing..) among some other bonker claims.

So yeah, it’s not looking good for the defendant. You are probably asking “then why do you feel like they were pretty good, in fact don’t you hate Ellusionist??”
Well, no I clown on E a lot but ultimately I think they are a decent company with decent ideas.
In this case either A)the marketing team failed at an ultimate level, or B) E simply didn’t know the genius they had on their hands.
Ok, enough stalling here is the defense:
Reloads were e exactly as the name claimed they were cheaper decks that you would put into your already existing and favorite tuck case, and when you were done you took them out and “RELOADED” them with this cheap, but nice custom deck. That’s it. Not meant to be “eco friendly”, or whatever excuse E pulled out of there one way force bag. This paves the path for genius and inovative ideas in tuck cases.
For example, You can now print your own tuck case at any photo copy place for like a dollar with
-your logo
-possible force reveal
-link to your website
-QR code to your Instagram
-etc.

You can even take a completely different route and make something like a tuck case as a tribute to Vernon or Marlo like this card clip:
DCB70D7D-4015-48B2-93EF-C6242B0688E9.jpeg

You can also as prior mentioned now Mitch and match your favorite tuck cases. Love that penguin deck? How bout putting it in this simplistic box box that opens side ways?
in fact Trade and buy with others.(if anyone wants a midnight nocs tuck case and want to print a quality Paul Daniel tribute case HMU :p) the limitations of tuck cases really have held us back. I love a quality tuck case, but I do feel like they are just simply too focused on the deck attached to it, by selling them separately we can now have broader and nicer tucks. In fact SCREW CARDBOARD! Who wants hard plastic tucks? Or even METAL, or HOW BOUT LEATHER??

Ok ok Ik I sound like a magician who believes in invisible classic passes, but I swear I’m not crazy. Ellusionist has a good idea and simply let it slip and we should all acknowledge what shoulda woulda coulda been...
P.S. I’m serious HMU with that Paul Daniels embossed tuck and I might marry you

Reactions: JoshL8

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yeah, I get your line of thinking here.

Often times the box wears out faster than the cards inside especially if you keep the cards in your pocket. I remember G making the argument that he throws out his boxes as soon as he opens them. I might be wrong but I don't think that's the case with most people. I think most people like to keep their cards in a box. If you are one of those people, then there was an obvious problem with these cards...they don't have a box.

They should have sold a nice solid card box (plastic or leather etc.) with these, then they could have offered the cards to load inside the box. That's a good idea.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
if anyone wants a midnight nocs tuck case and want to print a quality Paul Daniel tribute case HMU :p
This absolutely incredible. I’m at a basketball game and have managed to loose my midnight nocs TUCKCASE. Not the cards, but just the tuck case. I’m honestly impressed not even mad.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results