Pointers on the Thumb Cut

lordbd

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
Hope I'm not cluttering up the forum with beginner questions.

I was hoping that someone could provide me some pointers on mastering the thumb-cut. I understand the concept generally from the video I purchased here, but after two days of drilling its still pretty sloppy and cards keep spilling everywhere. It's hard to explain, but some issues that I am having are as follows:

1) how to transition from the grip that you start out in (same as for the charlier cut) to a grip with the edge of the deck on the palm so that the thumb and middle finger can reach around

2) How to keep the deck straight and not beveled so that no cards slip out when you grip with the middle finger and thumb (e.g. the palm is uneven which makes the deck uneven)

3) Any other advice or technical minutia which you found helpful or illuminating when you first tried to master this difficult cut.

Thank you in advance cardists!

lordbd

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
Disregard the previous frantic cry for help. A few more days of drilling (while catching up on Game of Thrones) and I now have a base proficiency with the thumb cut, scissor cut, and charlier cut. Bring on the revolution cut!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results