Poor Man's Card Through Window

CaesarMagic

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
A simple, economical, creative, and visual solution to the card through window plot!

Well this is my first review so I really dint know were to start but I thought this effect was good enough to write a review on it.
Ever since I got in magic I always wanted to do a visual card through window, I came across lots and lots of methods and by far this one beats them all, well in my opinion.

Effect
A card is chosen. It is replaced in the pack of cards. The magician points to the window and an X is seen on the window. He explains that its a target (X marks the spot). The X is the only thing seen on the window. The cards are sprung at the window and upon fluttering down one card is now seen not only to be stuck to the window but complete on the other side.
This is the main version tought on the PDF

Check out the demo here-
http://www.outofthehatmagic.com/pmctw.htm

Setup 9/10
PMCTW requires very minimal setup at max 4mins (when gimmick is already constructed)

Gimmick 9/10
The gimmick is great (very economical) perhaps you already have 98% of the materials by the way I wouldnt call it a gimmick( time- less then 4min really depends on what version you want to perform)

Method 10/10
wow The method is awesome , is super simple and its very easy, and like we all know the strongest magic is also the most simpliest, this is one of those lessons on simplicity.
There are diffrent variations of the effect using the same principal.

Ideas/tips
This pdf not only shows a card through window it also gives some other neat Ideas that you can do with this beautifull concept,

Price 10/10
I honestly think this is to cheap for what your getting this should be at least $20

Final Thoughts
I think this is the best CTW effect I seen, is super Visual you can show the window empty and a second later a card is seen stuck on the other side.I perform this today for my brother and I totally fool him and it even fooled me b/c it looks so clean, this is something I will perform, very creative!!!
Thank You Out of the Hat Magic for releasing this.

Sorry about the grammar and the spelling, Im not very good, lol
- Caesar Trujillo

Sep 1, 2007
I watched the preview vid. The little 9-year-old says a cuss word...very cute.

How impromptu is it?

CaesarMagic

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX

How impromptu is it?

yeah I thought it was cute as well lol, well yeah back to the topic umm I not sure what you mean with impromptu, like every other CTW it requires a setup but the setup is very minimal, once you get the hang of it you could probably set up in less then a one minute. so what do you really mean with impromptu?

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Whats the point of this trick, do you wanna take people home to your place? Theres no good place to perform this kind of trick, if i takes about 1 minute for the setup, then I think it's bad. :)

CaesarMagic

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
Whats the point of this trick, do you wanna take people home to your place? Theres no good place to perform this kind of trick, if i takes about 1 minute for the setup, then I think it's bad. :)

Would you say Witness by lee asher is not a good trick since it takes almost nothing to set up, like lee asher said simplicity, the trick is so simple that you can set up in less then a 2min if you really wanted to you can also take ur time, 1 min was just an example of how fast you could do it.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Yes, because as we all know, any effect which requires setup is not elite, and therefore not worth the time. :rolleyes:

In the computer world, these kind of thinkers would be referred to as "script kiddies." Or, people who think they can throw down, yet in reality are only limiting themselves.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
yeah I thought it was cute as well lol, well yeah back to the topic umm I not sure what you mean with impromptu, like every other CTW it requires a setup but the setup is very minimal, once you get the hang of it you could probably set up in less then a one minute. so what do you really mean with impromptu?

All I really mean it that I'm just too lazy to want to do any setup, which is partially true...

May 4, 2008
Can the person go to the other side of the window to remove the card?

yes. Some would prefer not to though

How impromptu is it?

A lot of people have thought that, but listen closely, she says "Cool, it sticked"

you have to setup the window ahead of time, so its not impromptu

I'm really happy to see so many people are enjoying the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming from someone who's user name is "dummyisdumb" I'm sure everyone greatly respects your opinion.

As far as it being angley, yes you have to control some of your angles. The angles aren't really a problem at all if you have any control over your spectators.

This is the first bad thing I've heard yet. You can't please everybody.

And as far as "terrible" a lot of work went into this "terrible" e-book.

Either way, I will respect your opinion dummyisdumb.

Aug 31, 2007
Coming from someone who's user name is "dummyisdumb" I'm sure everyone greatly respects your opinion.

Good diss. You're hilarious.

As far as it being angley, yes you have to control some of your angles. The angles aren't really a problem at all if you have any control over your spectators.

Do you do this trick as a follow up to Axis Change?

This is the first bad thing I've heard yet. You can't please everybody.

Well, who did you please? Daniel Madison's biggest fan, an' who else? Hey, he's the only one who has the effect! What a coincidence! The methods for these two effects are the biggest bullcrap I've ever seen. Watch the video a few more times an' you'll see how bad it is.

And as far as "terrible" a lot of work went into this "terrible" e-book. .

What a waste! Why don't you quit while you're at it? C'mon, what kind of weird fad is this? Magicians that suddenly make up a bunch of crummy tricks and immediately go to market it and say they've put their blood, sweat, and tears on it. The worst is whenever they make a crummy website themselves. I guess it's a phase.

Jan 26, 2008
Wow I have no clue how you say this is terrible? You have got to have gotten this effect mixed up with another one. This is by far the best card thru window that is affordable to the everyday person available today. With respect to dummyisdumb do not listen to him if you want the easiest and fair way to do a CTW. For those of you who do take his opinion to heart I would like to say Im sorry and feel bad that you are missing out on this wonderful piece of magic that gets crazy reactions. But for us that do own and perform this maybe future purchasers should not get it so I can keep this gem all to myself :D.

So wonderful work Geoff and Ben this is bound to be a pure classic and end all resolution to the card thru window plot.

Im beginning to think that dummyisdumb has our trick mixed up with another. I have no idea what Axis Change is, nor do I sell or promote it.

My site is http://www.outofthehatmagic.com

If you have purchased Poor Mans Card through Window and are unhappy I would be glad to refund you your money. Dummyisdumb, just email me at Ben7217@aol.com with your full name so I can prove you purchased the effect.

Thanks to everyone else who is enjoying it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results