Porper Clip

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I just recently ordered a Joe Porper clip from Ellusionist and wanted to know about everyone elses experiance with them.

What do they actually do? Do they JUST help against warping? I wanted to know because my first pack of Gaurdians are dead (I think) and I wanted to know if it was any use to put them in the clip. I ask because, well, I can feel the grime on the sides of the deck and now they aren't fanning anymore. I admit, I have used them A LOT.

Thanks,

Shane K.

the Porper will keep your cards nice and tight ... so if there is sleight bends in the cards from springs, lepauls, etc... put the deck in the clip for a day or so and they will come out fairly stiff next time you take them out... if the cards feel grimmy then thats the finish in the card that has messed up because of the oils of your skin and the clip cant do much about that.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
the Porper will keep your cards nice and tight ... so if there is sleight bends in the cards from springs, lepauls, etc... put the deck in the clip for a day or so and they will come out fairly stiff next time you take them out... if the cards feel grimmy then thats the finish in the card that has messed up because of the oils of your skin and the clip cant do much about that.

Gotcha,

I mean, when I try and fan the Gaurdians now I can feel the resistance between the cards. It sort of feels like there is something sticky in between my cards. I thinking that the finish melted a bit during the delivery. It was 102 degrees out that day that they came.

Thankfully, it is now cooling down here in North Carolina. I just ordered a 12 pack of Gaurdians a couple of days ago, and according to the weather channel, things should still be cooled down till the end of the week.

Thanks for the clarity on the porper clips!

Shane K.

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
I love my Porper Guard. Make sure you do not get the knock offs, they are junk. And the stainless ones are just for show, the are junk as well- compared to the Original clip.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I love my Porper Guard. Make sure you do not get the knock offs, they are junk. And the stainless ones are just for show, the are junk as well- compared to the Original clip.

Nah, I've got the real deal with Joe Porpers signature on the side. Would my cards be okay if I kept them in a porper clip in my pocket while I'm doing a walk around? Or would that make them too hot and start sticking?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
Maine, USA
Nah, I've got the real deal with Joe Porpers signature on the side. Would my cards be okay if I kept them in a porper clip in my pocket while I'm doing a walk around? Or would that make them too hot and start sticking?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Hey shane,

I bought a porper a month ago, and I love it. I always have 2-3 practice decks and i rotate between each overnight in the porper. As for keeping them in your pocket, well, I take the deck that was in the porper overnight to school in the morning everyday, and I sit in classes for 6 hours and take them out from time to time to perform / whatever ( I live in Maine, and it's humid as hell here). After school if you wash your hands with soap and water, they should feel fine. As for the grimyness on the sides, it could be multiple things. You could have not washed your hands and gotten grease from food, or oil or whatever you touched on the deck, or they could be hot from body heat and or humidity ( when I take mine out, there not, for some odd reason ), or.. again with the washing the hands; I noticed if I don't wash my hands and practice, my deck gets all nasty and sticky, then I leave it in the porper again and wash my hands and they feel like new.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results