Portal Re Filmed for a third time

Ok...

I re filmed portal for a third time, took some time to edit it, and i think that it was a pretty good performance all around... so once again. please tell me what you think of it. sorry about posting so many threads on this... but i need to get this trick down.

Portal

Thanks.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Honestly, it is getting better from your original two videos, so I applaud you on your efforts to further improve one of your favorite tricks.

Likes: The pull in and the pop out, are done smoothly and simultaneously. Good handling.

Points to improve on: The DL still looks quite forced. If you go through the andthensome DVD a few times, concentrate solely on the timing, fluid motion that the left hand takes when rotating the "selection" onto the right hand's spread. It has a smooth transition onto the spread, the the left hand rotates smoothly BACK to its position. In addition, your left hand taking the aditional spread before the pop out is too open. Again, if you go through the video, you will notice that the twins add those cards onto the left hand as they come across from inserting the "selection" into the spread... yet, yours has an offbeat pause than a steal that makes me think... "why is he adding a spread to the top of a squared pack."

I think it was in the last post, someone mentioned, seeing a natural spread in BOTH hands is the key to selling the magic in this cards accross plot, so the moment that image becomes unnatural, and more suspicious... I believe the effect gets diluted to a high degree.

Technique wise, you are doing great. Put forth that last stretch of effort and really make the transitions between AND after the sleights the most important when it comes to perfection. What we do before and after the sleight is what sells the sleight... even moreso than the sleight itself.

Cheers.

p.s. meh on the black and white and music. hehe. The black and white editing, along with the guardians makes it a little too... meh. The black and white editing would be fine, if you used a blue back tally ho deck, as it would add some contrast. Too much black for me.

Honestly, it is getting better from your original two videos, so I applaud you on your efforts to further improve one of your favorite tricks.

Likes: The pull in and the pop out, are done smoothly and simultaneously. Good handling.

Points to improve on: The DL still looks quite forced. If you go through the andthensome DVD a few times, concentrate solely on the timing, fluid motion that the left hand takes when rotating the "selection" onto the right hand's spread. It has a smooth transition onto the spread, the the left hand rotates smoothly BACK to its position. In addition, your left hand taking the aditional spread before the pop out is too open. Again, if you go through the video, you will notice that the twins add those cards onto the left hand as they come across from inserting the "selection" into the spread... yet, yours has an offbeat pause than a steal that makes me think... "why is he adding a spread to the top of a squared pack."

I think it was in the last post, someone mentioned, seeing a natural spread in BOTH hands is the key to selling the magic in this cards accross plot, so the moment that image becomes unnatural, and more suspicious... I believe the effect gets diluted to a high degree.

Technique wise, you are doing great. Put forth that last stretch of effort and really make the transitions between AND after the sleights the most important when it comes to perfection. What we do before and after the sleight is what sells the sleight... even moreso than the sleight itself.

Cheers.

p.s. meh on the black and white and music. hehe. The black and white editing, along with the guardians makes it a little too... meh. The black and white editing would be fine, if you used a blue back tally ho deck, as it would add some contrast. Too much black for me.

Alright man.... i apreciate all of the feed back. and i will work on the spreads. and next time ill add some contrast into the video.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results