Power Word Fall Review

Oct 6, 2007
There actually isn't a "review" thread for this effect so Ill start one up
The effect is awesome I had an idea of what the method could be but I didn't know how it would be applied. I downloaded the video and it really is an genius effect good job Matt for coming up with this one. Lets start the review.

Video Quality. This really doesn't matter to me that much but the quality was decent all that matters is that you can understand whats going on.

Technique. The technique itself is so simple beginners could easily master this effect but that doesn't downplay the power of power word fall.

Effect. Awesome.

It does require a set-up but the item can be purchased at any magic shop.

I usually hate and do not use "gimmicked" tricks and Im mainly a card guy. The reason I love this so much is because even though it is gimmicked it is so clean which is huge. I cant stand ending dirty or having to ditch something. The trick is almost self working and requires basically no practice at all.

Overall. I agree this is easily one of the best if not the best trick of 2008 pick this one up now!

Sep 1, 2007
I have a few question
-how long will the gimmick last?
-is the gimmick bulky?
-do you need to set up the items that are going to fall?
-how are the angles?
I think that is about it
Thanks
Andrew

Oct 6, 2007
I also left a few things out. Though this trick is easy it will take some time to be able to set up the trick how you want it, also this was I belive somthing that should have been mentioned. The trick definatley works best on a long wide table. For example you couldent really use a small sqaure coffie table. The trick looks best when you arent so close to the object and with small tables you have to be close which kind of kills the effect in my opinion, specs can think your blowing on the object considering your face is so very close to it. People that own it should know what I mean. Somthing worth mentioning .

Oct 6, 2007
I have a few question
-is the gimmick bulky?
-how are the angles?
I think that is about it
Thanks
Andrew

the gimmick will last a good amount of time considering what you buy
its not bulky
you do not need to set up the items falling
angle proof

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
I have a few question
-is the gimmick bulky?
-how are the angles?
I think that is about it
Thanks
Andrew

there's another thread here which answers most of the questions people were asking about the effect.

Nov 5, 2007
I also left a few things out. Though this trick is easy it will take some time to be able to set up the trick how you want it, also this was I belive somthing that should have been mentioned. The trick definatley works best on a long wide table. For example you couldent really use a small sqaure coffie table. The trick looks best when you arent so close to the object and with small tables you have to be close which kind of kills the effect in my opinion, specs can think your blowing on the object considering your face is so very close to it. People that own it should know what I mean. Somthing worth mentioning .

I see what you are saying but I never had a problem being to close to the items. On smaller tables, I used the universal method. Using the Universal method, you can then be as far from the table as you want. Even if you use the Table method on a small table, you set up a more complex falling setup and people will know it is impossible with blowing. For instance, skip the first object or just knock the back object down and leave the rest standing. Thanks for the reviews and I am glad you are getting a lot from the effect! Have fun!
-Matt Sconce

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results