Practice time::-Sets or no sets?

Aug 15, 2017
I have heard the "Set-theory" of practising a lot (I dunno the exact name for the theory, so if anyone knows the exact name and the person whose theory it is...pls broaden my mental horizons and let me know :) )...and although it sounds really good, I have never actually gone and done that.
The only time I did it UNKNOWINGLY was when I was practising the pinky count, a new DL and the KM, all of them together in a logical order. And I guess, it did help? Because I did not need to devote a separate time period to practice them individually, I was doing all three together and sensibly.

I wanted to know if the set-rule really makes that much difference.

If it does, then how do I go abt developing sets with ABSOLUTELY different kinds of moves?

PS:- I'll just give the names of a few moves I am working on right now, so that people can advice me more specifically...
The top change (just starting), clip steal (again, just starting) and the glide (needs some polishing).

Help please?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
It will definitely allow you to work out more moves in one session. So you need to get 3 moves down? Routining then together definitely will help round off all three. Not sure how else it will help other than that.

Now if you are putting them into an actual routine it WILL help you to create muscle memory so you don’t have to think about which move comes next in the sequence making your overall routine flow more smoothly.

I will occasionally run though full performances sans patter just to make sure my hands are able to get through an entire effect smoothly and iron out any issues in technique.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results