Practicing Flourishes...

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Hi I'm a big fan of Dan and Dave and i decide to start doing some flourishes like they do. i just need a little favor can you guys give me some tips on how to practise , what flourishes to start with you know things like that

thank you.

flourishes i know:
  • spring cards from hand to hand.
  • fan we my both hands
  • molecule cut
  • spread the cards
  • charlie cut we both hands
  • some false cuts

ps: i have small hands so is really difficult to do flourishes.

Sep 4, 2007
One thing: Buy the Trilogy or the System if you think you have the basics down. Otherwise get XB.

And small hands are no excuse...

As for how to practice, it really is up to you. I love flourishing so I just do it all the time: in the car, at home, when watching television, reading a book, in the mall, etc. Sometimes I do set aside time to concentrate and do nothing but flourishes for an hour or two. I've gone up to 9 hours in a row I believe. ;)

It's up to you. But go at a pace you're comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2008
New york
I do this and it helps me so much.

1) go to your room and lock the door
2) put a sheet on your bed
3) put a chair in front of your bed like you have front row seats to a live show.
4) sit in the chair and tuck a small amount of the sheet into the front of your jeans.

the sheet shouldn't be tight across but should droop down just a small bit.
when you drop cards they gather themselves in the middle of the sagging sheet. you will find that you can quickly retrieve all the cards.they will however be face up and face down but thats a quick fix since they land in clumps in one spot (maybe two spots).

as for small hands..read about Max Malini....he had tiny hands.http://www.magicwebchannel.com/hall_malini.htm

O.k now I'm ready for the firing squad.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Same here. There are always ways to modify a flourish to fit your hand size. I just figured out a way to do the Revolution Cut because it wasn't working out for me. Just keep trying to positions and you will get it eventually.

David

Sep 23, 2007
Belgium
when I started flourishing my hands even hurted when i just did a charlier cut but just after a while your fingers become flexible. I have regular hands I think.

im so doing that now!

I do this and it helps me so much.

1) go to your room and lock the door
2) put a sheet on your bed
3) put a chair in front of your bed like you have front row seats to a live show.
4) sit in the chair and tuck a small amount of the sheet into the front of your jeans.

the sheet shouldn't be tight across but should droop down just a small bit.
when you drop cards they gather themselves in the middle of the sagging sheet. you will find that you can quickly retrieve all the cards.they will however be face up and face down but thats a quick fix since they land in clumps in one spot (maybe two spots).

as for small hands..read about Max Malini....he had tiny hands.http://www.magicwebchannel.com/hall_malini.htm

O.k now I'm ready for the firing squad.

Dude thanks for that, I'm so gonna start practcing my flourishes that way now!
Thansk a million!

I have fairly small hands, but look at Lee Ashers. Small hands are no excuse. My 9 year old brother can do Five Faces of Sybil, the Werm, and the baby Leno.

As far as starting off, learn the revolution and five faces of sybil. Also, after that, get the system and learn some basic cuts. Or just go HERE.

Just my two cents... ;P have fun flourishing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results