Premeditated Performance Last night

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Nearby where I live, there is a shopping center that holds a Target, Chili's, Regal Theaters, Coldstone Deli, and other shops. Anyway, on Friday and Saturday nights, it seems that the secondary school crowd loves to gather there (loitering in front of the Coldstone, theater, and the Target). My cousin and I decided it would be great to go up there to mess with a couple of patrons.

With decks in hand, my cousin went to one end of the loitering party, I went to the other end and we started doing magic. We both had T-shirts that say "Tips Appreciated."

After about 5 minutes, I looked over towards my cousin's area and there was a huge crowd gathered. I thought "AWESOME FOR HIM." I had a crowd around me too but his was a bit larger.

I did an ambitious card routine and before I knew it, my crowd was HUGE. I'm not saying we were at competition but it was fun just pretending like we were.

A police man came over to break up the crowd asking, "what's going on here?" I told him who I was, what I was doing, and also told him that after witnessing how the teenagers behave around here, I was doing him a favor in controlling them a bit. He smiled and said, "Show me something"

Some people just couldn't walk away, becoming late for Good Luck Chuck and Resident Evil while others were just bewildered and basically ran the other way.

Luckily, no hecklers on my end tonight, they all cooperated and volunteered VERY willingly.

Success for us. ^_^

Just thought I'd share.

signature.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
what trick did you perform? when the cop asked you?

I did a variation of a trick I came up with called Guidance. (very Derren Brownish)

A card is chosen (NO FORCES) and noted/remembered as the deck is handed to a spectator. I do not touch the deck from here on out. I turned my back to the cop (and stay turned away from him for the rest of the performance) and tell the him to take 9 additional cards from the spectator and shuffle the 10 cards as much as he wants. I asked if anyone saw his card, a couple said yes but the majority of them said no... bare in mind, I'm surrounded by people. I ask the cop to fan out the cards facing him and instruct him that for each time I ask him, "Was this your card", he's to say yes... lying 9 times of course. Ultimately one card is the truth and I know which on it is.

again this is a variation.

signature.png

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results