Preparation for Public Stunts?

Hey guys i have a question regarding Stunts.
I have been performing professionally for some time now mostly in New York City and have built a small but decent fan base, enough to get my steady gigs. I for awhile have been questioning a more grander way of achieving publicity while doing something for myself. Stunts/Escapes have always been a passion but never actually performed besides just practicing.

I came up with the idea of performing a "Dangerous" quote on quote illusion or stunt for the public, maybe have donations for a charity organization, etc, but my main concern is, when doing something like that in public does one have to get some kind of permission/permit from officials such as police officials because i could see how one could be "Endangering the publics safety" (Someone could watch and be so scared that they have a panic attack outdoors...etc).

Ive read on the subject but nothing ive read so far clearly states how you should go about this.
So that is my question, before doing a "Dangerous" stunt for the public, does one need a permit of some kind or to inform certain parties before hand.

Thank you guys in advance

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
hey its Chris from Manhattan Magic-

My girlfriend has lived in the city her whole life and was saying that you would probably need a performers permit from the city. thas my best guess

talk to you soon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results