Problem performing the TG deck flip

Jun 1, 2008
Bilbao
www.agarcia.tk
hello.
I've watching the everythingelse DVD from Dan and Dave's the trilogy pack.
I've trying to learn the TG deck flip but every time I do it the bottom card of the the deck flyes off!
I'm not able to solve this problem so please, help me! :)

May 8, 2008
England
Is this just the basic flipping the deck?
If so, try pulling down slightly more and flicking up more with your finger... The movement comes from the finger, not the hand... in theory.
Also don't practise to high.

Hope I'm on about the right thing and this helped...

Nov 17, 2007
I had the exact same problem when I first learned it. First, make sure there is NO air between the cards. I just simply give the deck a small bend before I do the flip. This insures there are no air pockets between the cards. When you extend your index finger to perfrom the flip, make sure it isn't accidentely beveling the cards. Hope this helped. If you have any more questions, just ask. =)

~FA

Sep 1, 2007
Start with the deck in the box. Next, make sure your finger positions are all correct.

I practice by keeping the back of my hand flat on a horizontal surface. It makes the fingers do the work.

May 8, 2008
England
Just another quick thought, make sure that the cards you are using are broken in, not an old pack but not ones you've just got through the post.

I've trying to learn the TG deck flip but every time I do it the bottom card of the the deck flyes off!

Hi agarcia,

The good news is, everyone here has had this problem some time or other. The bad news is, we'll never be sure when the habit will shake off!

I think it's important to mention that you should not apply much pressure prior to the flip. It is a mistake many people make when practicing (including myself), and since you are aiming to flip the cards a mere 360°, too much pressure will cause the deck to want to spin extra revolutions - meaning cards will fly. As a result, just apply a small amount of pressure, to the point where it is barely even noticeable (there should not be a visible bend), and apply it only miliseconds before your flip. If you sit there holding pressure down seconds before the release, you will be adding much more than necessary.

It also helps if the deck is fairly broken in - not necessarily old, but used enough to feel comfortable - for a new deck has the tendency to slip away. Hope this helps in some way, it is certainly a beautiful flourish! :)

Fellow practitioner,
Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results