Profanity on the Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2007
Now with all the hype for the release of this site, it got me pretty excited. When the site was launched, i explored the site end to end, and i found some pretty dissapointing things. One thing I'm going to talk about today is swear words on the site.

This site is visited by many young people, and i personally think that to remove bad influences, such profane words should be removed from this website. Please think about this.

-Chicken HOHO!

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
i agree, not only because of the younger ones that come on this site, but also for those that just dont like swears. i am a Christian and im against swearing and would appreciate it if i didnt have to read it while im trying to find out info on magic.

I agree with you guys, personally I haven't seen any swear words of which I can remember and I'm pretty sure they have a filter in place. But now with another mod added, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Now with all the hype for the release of this site, it got me pretty excited. When the site was launched, i explored the site end to end, and i found some pretty dissapointing things. One thing I'm going to talk about today is swear words on the site.

This site is visited by many young people, and i personally think that to remove bad influences, such profane words should be removed from this website. Please think about this.

-Chicken HOHO!

I think T11 believes that if it's used in a good way, like to describe an action, maybe a reaction from the spectator or something, then it's all right. As long as it's not directed towards someone.

It's ok to use maybe 2 certain curse words, but that's about it. As long as it's not repetitively, but never drop any F bombs.

It doesn't bother me though. I like reading honest reviews without having to censor everything.

Plus on a side note, I'm sure the kids have seen/heard much worser stuff on T.V.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I don't really see anybody complaining or even noticing it, till now. Something we shouldn't worry about. I'm sure if it does get out of hand like a gangster then it would be taken care of.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
"Much worser"?
Is that even a word?

I think that the filter and Jack do an adequate job of blocking the naughty words.
Where can I find the Buck's review of DD?

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
The review by Dan Buck is on the second page of the review page on the Digital Dissolve Page (where the reviews reside) .

Oh no they said ****. (looky look <<<) It's not on the forum where you can say that. Damn isn't bad....

So?

Get a backbone and learn that there is cursing in this world.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
But seriously, who cares? Young people listen to rap music on the radio, tv all the time. They hear curse words more than you know. WHat is so bad about reading one little profound word?

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

As I'm sure you have noticed, there is a freedom in the forums. The majority of our members are mature enough to handle intelligent, knowledgeable, and professional conversations with each other. As a result, there is much freedom in the forums, as moderation is not hands-on, which brings a laid-back, relaxed, and fun atmosphere.

With that said, there are rules in regards to profanity, most of which is taken care of by the filters.

That being said, if you feel that any post, thread, word, sentence, period, comma, etc. is out of line, feel free to let me know about it.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Let's get this out of the way. Profanity is really not a big deal at all. It exists, and just like everything else that exists, one must deal with it. Watch this: Damn.

Did you see that? Are you going to die?

Just be mature.

Oct 6, 2007
true

You can't nitpick everything theory11 has that you consider bad. I mean if you did that theory11 would feel like other magic forums where one word can get you into trouble. (not naming any names by the way)

Sep 1, 2007
Let's get this out of the way. Profanity is really not a big deal at all. It exists, and just like everything else that exists, one must deal with it. Watch this: Damn.

Did you see that? Are you going to die?

Just be mature.

I can see you're very considerate...

I think that for the most part though, there really haven't been problems on here.

Sep 1, 2007
if you dont want to read it go somewhere else. Its a big boy world..

Yes, and you are a big boy for using profanity? you are more childish if you ask me. And your reply makes you seem even more so.

The person who made topic does not want to see profanity on the site, because many young people come here, and that is true. Add he does not want this place to be a bad influence on them. If anything, he is more mature then you for being able to think and realize this. And at the same time, he is able to display his concern in a way that makes sense, and a way that is logical.

So far, you have done none of that. your remark "go somewhere else. Its a big boys world" really shows how much you care about the people that come here. Good job.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I think that kids now adays listen to rap, watch shows with bad words, and even say those words...

I am not saying we should use it frequently but we should not use it exsecivley

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I think that kids now adays listen to rap, watch shows with bad words, and even say those words...

I am not saying we should use it frequently but we should not use it exsecivley
You mean "excessively" ? (lol)

Thing is...nobody is using it excessively. And Chicken is worrying about it being used a couple times throughout the site when kids are being highly exposed to it through the real world. People just need to grow up and deal with it. It's great we can use some expression on this site.

Chicken...what other problem do you have with this site. What other things are not up to your standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results