Progress

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Try to make a up and down motion while executing the Shift.
In my opinion this is the best cover you can do. (Next to speed of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I can't stand that motion. Why on earth would you shake your hands like that to hide the motion. That's like trying to hide a suspicious motion with an even more suspicious motion.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
I understand your point, but I think that even though this motion is not really natural,
it's not too suspicious as long as you don't exaggerate...

Sep 2, 2007
London
The move itself is performed well, although I've got a couple of suggestions. First, I think the angle you're filming from is slightly unnatural. If the camera was a bit higher, looking down from eye level, it would give us a better idea of how the shift would look in a real-life situation. Also, I think you could tighten up getting into and out of the move. I don't feel like you justified turning the deck to get into position for the shift, and the move didn't flow into the squaring action at the end. As Erdnase says, the hand positions should be taken with "easy deliberation", which I think you're slightly missing at the moment. I'm sure you've thought of those points already, though, and I look forward to seeing how your shifting progresses!

Oh, and I definitely agree with keeping the "hands stationary" (to quote Erdnase) as opposed to the up-and-down covering action.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the input, I really do need to film this again from a better angle. I was using my iPod to save time, but I'll guess I'll have to get out the DSLR and put it on a table tripod. I'll post an update soon.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results