Prophet

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Prophet by Tom Isaacson
http://www.theory11.com/tricks/prophet.php

I know what your thinking. What am I doing reviewing Prophet. I keep on complaining Extreme Burn is better. I recently bought the download of Prophet. I am trying to keep up with EZ Money, as it is my favorite trick. I feel owning all the versions, including Hundy500, Slow Burn, Heiny500, Handy500, and Extreme Burn, this should be on my shelf.

The Official Spam:

Five one dollar bills visually change into five HUNDRED dollar bills, in the blink of an eye. With no strange motions. No folding. No delay. And nothing but finesse. From creator Tom Isaacson comes Prophet, featuring 32 minutes of in-depth instruction on every nuance of the effect. It's the most visual, fluid bill change handling to date-- and now it's yours.

+ taught in unrivaled detail and available in dvd or download format

The Download:

Layout- There is no real layout on this download. It's not like a DVD. They took you through the steps in order as you would perform them.

Intro- In this section, a little history on the effect is given. Also, the demo video is shown.

Performances- Tom goes into the street and performs this a few times. He then goes into the studio and performs it once again.

The Gimmick- Here, Tom gives us a little history on the effect. Also, Tom explains how to make the Prophet gimmick.

The Setup- Tom now shows you how to setup the bills in order to perform this effect.

The Handling- Tom shows you how to perform this effect. He teaches you the changes and the "exchange."

Final Thoguhts- Tom gives you some extra advice and history on this effect.

Teaching:

The teaching on the download is pretty good. Tom does go through some parts a little fast, but I understood it. It's his first time on DVD, I guess I'll give him a break. :wink:

The Gimmick:

This gimmick is the same as many. It is the same as Hundy500, Slow Burn, Heiny500, and Handy500. Tom gives extra advice on the gimmick, which is very useful. This doesn't have the something extra Extreme Burn has, but it doesn't need it.

Difficulty:

This is harder than Extreme Burn. It's not too hard, but will require a lot of practice in the mirror. It's a great change, though.

The Quality:

The quality on this DVD is excellent. Definatly better quality than Richard's Extreme Burn. They didn't do that focus camera thing, which is good. There are various angles which makes this easy to understand.

The Changes:

Snap Change- This is the best change on the DVD. All you do is snap your fingers, and they change. No cover, no nothing. Awesome, absolutly awesome.

One Handed Change- This change is nice, but not nearly as good as the Snap Change. You wrist kill your hand a little, and the bills instantly change.

Cost:

For $24.95, it's a good value. I don't think I got as much out of it because I own all the other versions. If this is your first, you'll be very pleased. I was still happy, but not as much.

Extreme Burn vs. Prophet:

I have to do this again. Oh man. Before, I thought Extreme Burn was the best out there. So here it is. Both of these effects have something new to offer that the other one doesn't. I am going to use Prophet's Snap Change and Extreme Burn's Twister Change. If you can't get both, I recommend Extreme Burn. It has more to offer. But if you can get both, do.

Overall:

Overall, I give Prophet a 8/10. It has new things to offer. I didn't get too much out of it, and that's why I gave it an 8.

Comments or questions please post.

Jeff

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Handy500 is Dan White's handling on Pat Page's EZ Money. The bills visually change WHILE IN THE SPECTATOR'S HAND. I don't personally like this routine, but it's still cool. It is a bonus on the DVD The Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch which can be seen here.

Jeff

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results