Putpocketing

Apr 30, 2020
I have been working on an effect but i need to get a card into a spectators pocket, and I was wondering if anyone had any resources where I could learn putpocketing.

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
I'm not too sure about this but just watching Apollo Robbin's lectures and speeches online helped me enough to get something in a spectator's pocket for magic purposes. But as far as I know, this sort of thing requires a lot of real-life practice to work decently. Check further into Apollo Robbin's works.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Apollo Robbins is the mater, but I don't believe he's actually put much out in regards to his pick pocketing and put pocketing work. James Brown, of powa.academy might be a better path. He has a theatrical pickpocketing course that, from what I have seen, is pretty decent. Put Pocketing is the same skill set.

Reactions: MohanaMisra
Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Out of curiosity, would putting things in other places (like underneath a glass, underneath the band of a spectator's watch) also use the same principles as put pocketing?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Out of curiosity, would putting things in other places (like underneath a glass, underneath the band of a spectator's watch) also use the same principles as put pocketing?

Ish.

While both skills do utilize misdirection, or as Apollo says, getting Frank's attention - anything where you're placing an item on a person involves that extra, "Hey what are you doing?" factor. A glass isn't going to speak up when you place something under it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results