Queens Transition

Aug 20, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gzrpPM91ig

It's my video for Theory11 battle with J+S. You can see his video and vote here:
http://media.theory11.com/battles/battle.php?id=1288

Queens transition is mix of The Queens and Collectors. Idea of this transition can be found on Dan and Dave's DVD Trilogy, Disc Three - Everythingelse, which is published 2006, under title Queens Transition.
The Queens - original version by Bill Goodwin, new version by Dan and Dave Buck, Trilogy disc one - Tricks. Credits: Roy Walton, Bill Goodwin, Daniel Garcia, Chad Nelson.
Collectors: Dan and Dave took this to the whole new level :) I did Chad Nelson's mix of Molecule and original Sybil cut.
Credits: Lennart Green.

Music is by RJD2, song is titled 'Smoke and Mirrors' from album Dead Ringer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Motas, you seemed very comfortable with the performance, although you could slow down a little - help the spectator understand - connect with the spectator (regardless of the effect).

J+S, Even though you speaking to a camera, try to do it as though a spectator was there. You won't "Give yourself that amount of leeway" - ask a spectator, if it's alright, ask them if they can be kind to you, etc. Also, don't slow down so much during the count.

And please work on the patter - when you speak of the vanish, don't "Of course hopefully hope", make up your mind ;)

That's about it.

G

EDIT: One more thing, why did the card end up in the deck? Work your patter so the trick can become an effect!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Patter was the biggest issue that I saw - specifically, the patter consister of, "There are four queens. If I flick them, there are now three."

The spectator has eyes, and they're watching, they don't need to be told the obvious. Without real patter, it just feels watching a trick rather than magic, though most of the sleights were reasonably solid.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results