Question about a butterfly knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2007
it's also illegal to gamble at home...

A butterfly knife is illegal for a reason...
there is no reason for that thing to be illegal!
though you'd be a sucker to buy one, it costs like 125 bucks? Save your pennies son.
Though butterfly knives are cool, they don't hold any ones attention for more then 5 minutes, not to mention the fact that your carrying around a KNIFE! that in itself is a retarded thing to do.

Zippos are all kinds of fun. I would suggest learning lighter tricks rather then butterfly knife tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
To answer the original question, the trainer knife should be fine since it has no edge or point.

though you'd be a sucker to buy one, it costs like 125 bucks? Save your pennies son.

It's very presumptuous to tell people how they should spend their money. Would you also say a person would be a sucker to buy a Schoolcraft or Lassen shell for $100 when a Tango could be had for $15?

To clarify, Benchmades are considered by most people who collect butterfly knives to be among the finest made anywhere. Their "trainer" models are made to have the same balance and movement as a real model, so you can train your tricks without risk of injury. That in itself is worth something. And the trainer blade is also made to be replaceable so you can "upgrade" so to speak.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
haha although i think theyre illegal here in texas, my friend has one and we can flip it around and all kinds of fancy stuff hahaa

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Is the butterfly knife going to be part of your routine or something? Because, and I'm not trying to sound mean, but I don't really see the relevance of a butterfly knife in a magic thread...

However, Butterfly knifes are dangerous, I've known several people that have hurt themselves learning to flip one. Whatever you do, be careful.

L

Liam Carrie

Flipping a Balisong is just like any other manipulation. Its just fun to do like contact juggling or cardistry. You probably would use it in a juggling/manipulation/busking act because it looks cool. In the ways of Zippo manipulations, i have been working on that for a while and its pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results