Questions for DnD

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
The following are some questions for Dan and Dave Buck.

I know that you guys are "flourishers" and not into "xcm"

First.
Are you guys friends with De'vo and the Superhandz/Handlordz guys?

Second.
If you guys are into the whole xcm thing, have you ever thought about taking the Ulmen Trials?

You could definitely be considered two of the greatest on the earth.

I was just wondering....

Sep 1, 2007
Interesting questions, but if they were friends I think we already noticed that, there's a whole league between friends and enemy's and I think they are in between that but it's nice to hear what they say about that.

But what I want to know, as I don't what it is, what are the Ullman Trials? Is that that you have to prove that your a great card artist and with the shuffling of cards with your feet?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The Ulmen trials sound like something that those who spend all their time collecting D&D cards would do... It sounds like its more for theatrics than anything, but if thats what floats your boat, thats fine I guess... :rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Ulmen Trials sound like a joke to me, I don't know why, they make it seem as if flourishing dates way back, when it was really the flourishing it is today, only for about 10 years (not sure). And the guys in cloaks and the fire and the town being "warned" I mean seriously they don't sound serious to me.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Wow I have to STATE THIS AGAIN. Flourishes and XCM ARE THE SAME THING!!!! They just call it differently. I can't say they are friends with Handlordz/Superhandz, but they are not enemies.

I don't think they're even gonna bother with this "Ulmen Trial"

Dec 2, 2007
This question is just for Dan. In the artists section of t11 you said that when you were in high school you would practice for 8-10 hours a day, straight. My question is how is this possible?

Where I go to school 1st period starts at 7:30 and i don't get home until 3:30, assuming your day was roughly the same as mine you would be practicing until 11:30- 1:30, then you do 1-2 hours of homework. So you finish between 12:30 and 3:30. When did you eat? How much did you sleep? Or did you just not go to high school and practice all day?

Do tell.

Nov 22, 2007
Wow I have to STATE THIS AGAIN. Flourishes and XCM ARE THE SAME THING!!!! They just call it differently. I can't say they are friends with Handlordz/Superhandz, but they are not enemies.

I don't think they're even gonna bother with this "Ulmen Trial"

Eddie I've heard this a lot of times but everytime I look at the username, it's you. XCM was coined by De'vo and is similiar to flourishing but is more specific to De'vos style.

I personally do not think De'vo and DnD are friends. Somewhere in the XB miniforum on E I think he said something along the lines of 'I don't think the Bucks do flourishes. They do really fast cuts'(Not an exact quote).

I doubt DnD would answer this thread, to tell the truth.

This question is just for Dan. In the artists section of t11 you said that when you were in high school you would practice for 8-10 hours a day, straight. My question is how is this possible?

Where I go to school 1st period starts at 7:30 and i don't get home until 3:30, assuming your day was roughly the same as mine you would be practicing until 11:30- 1:30, then you do 1-2 hours of homework. So you finish between 12:30 and 3:30. When did you eat? How much did you sleep? Or did you just not go to high school and practice all day?

Do tell.

That's a really good question. SInce I go to high school also and I only have about 1-2 hours of practice sometimes none.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
you can easily fit in 8-10 hours of practice. eating doesnt take long unless you have some ****ty family dinner thing going.

Do tell.
Or maybe he just cut class and practiced all day.

Dan and Dave, what rebels...

Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone else feel bad for Dave? All you ever hear is Dan and Dave, never Dave an Dan. I think we might give Dave an inferiority complex if we don't do something about this.

Henceforth I'm only referring to them as Dave and Dan or just Dnd.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Eddie I've heard this a lot of times but everytime I look at the username, it's you. XCM was coined by De'vo and is similiar to flourishing but is more specific to De'vos style.

I personally do not think De'vo and DnD are friends. Somewhere in the XB miniforum on E I think he said something along the lines of 'I don't think the Bucks do flourishes. They do really fast cuts'(Not an exact quote).

I doubt DnD would answer this thread, to tell the truth.

That's ****ing bs. We need two names for ONE THING THAT IS THE SAME? So you're saying if Tony Hawk has a different style in Skating where some other skater(sorry not really into skating so don't know much names) have a different style WE HAVE TO NAME IT SOMETHING ELSE? Each have different styles, but they are the same thing. Card Manipulation, flourishing, etc. etc. Dan and Dave even said it themselves they are the same in their "about" section on their site. I'm not gonna bother and quote it for you. find it yourself.

Aug 31, 2007
That's ****ing bs. We need two names for ONE THING THAT IS THE SAME? So you're saying if Tony Hawk has a different style in Skating where some other skater(sorry not really into skating so don't know much names) have a different style WE HAVE TO NAME IT SOMETHING ELSE?

Actully yeah, there are 2 diffrent kinds of skating street and vert. Why do you even care what some one else calls Flourishing/XCM, you call it what you want and they call it what they want.

That's ****ing bs. We need two names for ONE THING THAT IS THE SAME? So you're saying if Tony Hawk has a different style in Skating where some other skater(sorry not really into skating so don't know much names) have a different style WE HAVE TO NAME IT SOMETHING ELSE? Each have different styles, but they are the same thing. Card Manipulation, flourishing, etc. etc. Dan and Dave even said it themselves they are the same in their "about" section on their site. I'm not gonna bother and quote it for you. find it yourself.

Do you by chance know the difference between skateboarding and long boarding? Or Banana Boarding?

Just throwing that out there, not trying to be rude or anything.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys:
1. Street skating is better than vert.
2. If there is any confusion on the difference (or lack thereof) between XCM/Flourishing/Cardistry, then I suggest that everyone check out Richard's FAQ on the matter. FAQ
3. can we get back to the topic on hand without arguing/bashing/being disrespectful/ whatever the hell else is going on in here?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Okay here's the thing Vert and street is different because of the enviorment. Not sure about banana boarding or long boarding. But in XCM/flourishing/cardistry, I don't see how because of the moves such as armspreads and fans make it the term XCM... when it is also called flourishing as I have seen in MANY BOOKS. De'vo did not create the fans or armspreads of that matter, he just calls it XCM because he wants to, I'm not against you calling it XCM or anything else, but I am against you guys making them two different categories where they are the same. It would be however logical to call it "De'vo's style" or "Dan and Dave's style" .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results