Questions on Factory Sealed

Oct 6, 2007
I read loads of threads with people bashing others about this effect.

Now I just want simple answers to these questions:

1. Is the 'seal' on factory sealed like those plastic ones taht wrap the cap? Or is is just the cap sealed to the bottle? I mean, sometimes you get those plastic wrappers like when you buy a Snapple. Or is it just the cap sealed to the bottle like in a coke bottle?

2. Because the bottle cannot be borrowed, does this mean you have to carry around a gimmicked bottle and 'load' it into a vending machines to 'show' its from the vending machine?

Hi,

To answer your questions.

1) Its factory sealed just like a coke bottle, No plastic wrap.

2) Yes you can "load" it into a vending machine. Good idea also.

Its worth the money to buy the DVD. Just to even know how its done is good enough. But good luck with your purchase if you do happen to pick it up.

Have a good Christmas.

-Justin

Nov 24, 2007
Australia
It's not a gimmicked bottle, you just use a normal one with a few seconds to set up for the effect beforehand. You could borrow the bottle and, given 10 seconds alone, get ready to perform the effect - the bottle isn't altered in any way and you can give it out at the end. It's just a lot easier to get the "setup" (the word makes me cringe, as it really is minimal) done in advance.

Nick

Dec 16, 2007
London
If i was you i wouldn't get too hung up on the detials about exactly how the bottle is sealed, because that is not the focus of this trick. What you are paying for with this effect is the method to visually pass the coin into the bottle in the cleanest possible fashion.

I had a lot of doubts about this, it got immediatly disregarded in the UK magic forums, and the hype overshadowed what is in fact a lovely idea, and a wonderful trick.

I am serious about coin magic, and this ranks very highly in my repetoire, i love the ideas involved, and you can make it as good as your skills will allow. If you are familiar with the concepts in silver dream, you will be able to kill this effect almost instantly.

I dont perform it the factory sealed way all the time, because sometimes its more natural to be drinking the bottle yourself, and then go into the effect.

If your in two minds about it, i would say get it!

Oct 10, 2007
1. Is the 'seal' on factory sealed like those plastic ones taht wrap the cap? Or is is just the cap sealed to the bottle? I mean, sometimes you get those plastic wrappers like when you buy a Snapple. Or is it just the cap sealed to the bottle like in a coke bottle?

No, there are no plastic wrappers. And that is not really important, as the audience cannot inspect the 'seal' anyway.

2. Because the bottle cannot be borrowed, does this mean you have to carry around a gimmicked bottle and 'load' it into a vending machines to 'show' its from the vending machine?

There are 2 ways to do it.

1) Get a bottle that is already set up and bring it along with you.

2) Buy a bottle and do the set up when no one is looking at you.

Both ways require you to set up the bottle pre show. Although the set up is short, you cannot do the set up infront of the audience due to the nature of the set up.

I dont perform it the factory sealed way all the time, because sometimes its more natural to be drinking the bottle yourself, and then go into the effect.

If you remove the "factory sealed" element from Factory Sealed, then it is possible to do the set up infront of the audience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results