Questions on Shaving Down Cards

Jul 14, 2017
So I know that you can create some pretty cool effects with short cards. I want to create an awesome deck thats marked (done), some short aces (plan on doing) and another thing that I don't know what it does. What does shaving the corner of a card do? What effects does it produce? What is the point? I know that nail clippers can be used for these, please help. Thanks!!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So I know that you can create some pretty cool effects with short cards. I want to create an awesome deck thats marked (done), some short aces (plan on doing) and another thing that I don't know what it does. What does shaving the corner of a card do? What effects does it produce? What is the point? I know that nail clippers can be used for these, please help. Thanks!!
These are called Corner Shorts or Marlo Shorts. You can pretty much do anything with them that you can with short cards, but you riffle down the corner instead of the front or the sides, just as you would normally.

Reactions: RealityOne

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
One advantage to a corner short is that you can have two different short cards in a deck - on shorted on the top left / bottom right and one on the top right / bottom left. This would allow you to track / control two different selected cards. The disadvantage is that unless your spectator is a magician that riffle shuffles using the corners, the spectator will not be able to shuffle the deck and retain the order of the short card and the card underneath it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results