Quick Sandwich Effect

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Pretty Nice. I liked it. Maybe play with the reveal of the sandwich a bit for more of a wow factor.
Thanks for your suggestion, Jacob. Im glad you liked it, Normally Id have the spectator pull out the card from in between the jokers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I think you should spin or twirl the cards more !

You only spin/twirl the card(s) 6 times in the short simple sandwich routine. I mean, if you are going to spin the card that much, might as well go for 20 times, right?

Seriously, what is it with spinning/ twirling/ and flicking the card? I would have actually thought it was good if you just simply showed the jokers, did your control, and then showed the selection between the jokers.

... if you are going to make a "simple" trick... then please keep it simple.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I can't believe I'm the first person to point out that the final move just wasn't executed very well... It's a perfectly good quick effect, but the sleight was sloppy and a bit delayed - there was a bit of fumbling, a not very good dribble, and the fact that your hand had to basically block the camera (and you could still see movement from the other hand) was a bit disconcerting.

It idea is there, and it's fine, just the execution not so much. I didn't mind the fumbling as much as tokyoUW did - I expected it to be worse from his post, lol, but, I do agree. The effect needs cleaning up, so stick with simple handlings for now.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I think you should spin or twirl the cards more !

You only spin/twirl the card(s) 6 times in the short simple sandwich routine. I mean, if you are going to spin the card that much, might as well go for 20 times, right?

Seriously, what is it with spinning/ twirling/ and flicking the card? I would have actually thought it was good if you just simply showed the jokers, did your control, and then showed the selection between the jokers.

... if you are going to make a "simple" trick... then please keep it simple.
I will keep that in mind. I dont do that live its just the idea of performing for magicians gets me kind of nervous. You never know when people will suspect stuff that isnt really there. Its really odd the minute i turn the camera on, my performance style changes. Normally I turn over doubles the same way I turn over singles.

Thanks anyway

- Jenai

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results