Rapture - Uprising?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
So, this trick looks amazing. However, I can't help but think that Uprising, the bonus effect, looks exactly like Daniel Garcia's Fallen. Anyone else drawing this conclusion?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
So, this trick looks amazing. However, I can't help but think that Uprising, the bonus effect, looks exactly like Daniel Garcia's Fallen. Anyone else drawing this conclusion?

Similar plots (a card rising or falling), but different methods. Naturally, both have their own advantages and disadvantages, but no similarities other than plot. Uprising looks like the card is REALLY visually rising. It fooled myself and Dan White even AFTER we knew the method - yes, for real! We couldn't fathom how it looked so good. But it did. And it does. Very deceptive and eerie to watch.

Jun 25, 2008
In my opinion Uprising is much more visual, but the downside is that it is not totally clean and impromptu like Fallen. Uprising is a bit more angle-proof than Fallen though, which is important in many scenarios.

May 9, 2012
New York
i had a concern about rapture that in the trailer, he looks very awkward with the way he shows the cards. does anyone know if, after you do the change, the cards are examinable and ready to be used?

Feb 14, 2012
I agree, but after learning the method I realized that you can be much cleaner looking. Also, he teaches how to get rid of anything dirty quite efficiently.

Jun 25, 2008
i had a concern about rapture that in the trailer, he looks very awkward with the way he shows the cards. does anyone know if, after you do the change, the cards are examinable and ready to be used?

They are not immediately ready to be examined. Clean up is required. I don't think it is deserving of the ratings that say "The rising card is worth the price alone" but it is interesting none the less.

If your in it for Uprising, see http://www.theory11.com/tricks/riot.php

Oct 22, 2010
In my opinion Uprising is much more visual, but the downside is that it is not totally clean and impromptu like Fallen. Uprising is a bit more angle-proof than Fallen though, which is important in many scenarios.

Your right its not 100% impromptu, on the dvd I do go thru how you can make the gimmick in about 3 seconds, with any deck of cards, and at any time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results