Rare Cards

JohnC20

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2017
What are some cards I can buy now that are/will be (in the future) limited edition/rare? I want to buy and resell them. I already bought SS16 Virts and 52Kards rasberry mint decks

Jul 13, 2014
Pretty much any limited run. You want to look at the hype surrounding them, and who produces them to see what the best bet is. Rare is meaningless if nobody wants it.

Reactions: RickEverhart
Mar 2, 2016
United States
Can you give me some examples?

A good example of rare AND sought after cards include virtually any Fontaine deck, the gold and white gold Monarchs from T11, as well as Bee Watermelon cards from when they were printed in Cincinnati.

The closest deck that I could think of that are rare but not really sought after are the Dan and Dave Ace Fulton Chinatown cards, you can pick some up for under $20. Same with the Cardistry-Con 2016 cards.

I have a rare foil Charizard. It's a buyers market kid. You'll get whatever people will give for them. The value of custom decks are artificially created and controlled by the companies that make them because they know the marks will gladly step up and throw money at them for the decks.

P.T. Barnum said it best... "There is a sucker born every minute."

Reactions: David Brooke

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
It's pretty tough to predict what will be rare and/or spike in value. With SO MANY different decks coming out from different companies, kickstarters, etc. the market is super over saturated.

That said, you can't go wrong with Gold Monarchs. I've been paying attention to the market in those since they have come out and they are starting to see an uptick in secondary value.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results