Razor Blade Illusion Problem

Aug 9, 2013
Recently I have been practicing this illusion in preparation to start performing it on the streets and close up environments. Whenever I pull the razor blades from my mouth they are often stuck together because of saliva. Does anyone know a way to stop them from sticking together?

Actually they are suppose to stick together... That's kind of how the trick works actually.

Secondly this is a simi dangerous stunt, seeing as you are still putting razors in your mouth. Doing this on the street isn't something I'd recommend for someone unless they know exactly what they are getting themselves into. One clap on the back at the wrong time and you could be in serious trouble.

Just playing devils advocate. Trying to look out for you man.

Aug 9, 2013
Thanks for the response William. When pulling the blades out they should come out separately on the string tied into their position. I do not think I have ever seen them come out stuck together.

Thanks for the warning. While the blades that I start the effect out with are sharp the blades that will go into my mouth are dulled. Nonetheless, I will take extra precaution while performing it. :)

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Even the dull blades will cause major damage just in your mouth let alone if you were to partially swallow one or all. I stopped doing this and the needles long ago because of the danger factor and having cuts in my mouth or on my tongue. . . but I stopped doing a lot of the more dangerous stuff with age.

PLEASE. . . don't refer to small tricks as "Illusions". . . I know it's a linguistics thing but when you say "Illusion" and you're talking magic, the majority of old timers think of Grand Illusion -- levitations (not standing on your tippy toes but actual floatings & suspensions), Cutting into poeple into pieces, etc.

Aug 9, 2013
Thanks for the response Craig.

I understand what you're saying. Generally I refer to every trick as either an "illusion" or "effect".

Aug 9, 2013
Thank you everyone for your input. I will keep practicing and hopefully the problem will become less frequent.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Does anyone know where i can learn the razor blade effect? It's something that i have been interested in learning for a while now.

Aug 9, 2013
There are many methods to do this. Bizzaro's DVD teaches quite a few different methods and also Tim Ellis has an ebook teaching this effect. You could also look for the "pocket vest version". With a little research you can find many other books, ebooks or DVD's that teaches this.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results