Reaching my Audience...

Feb 21, 2009
Hey everyone! My name is Josh Stacy and I am from the not so huge town of Tahlequah, Oklahoma. I plan on moving to a bigger city after I get out of school but right now I am stuck here throughout my college years. I was born and raised in this town so a lot of the people here know me pretty well and the community is very supportive of my magicianing. However, when it comes to actually being hired or parties and events, I am having some trouble. I always leave my customers satisfied and they all seem to like me and my work.

So my question is this: How can I engage my audience? I have a facebook page with about 350 likes. I am trying to make the content interesting to my "viewers" and still relevant to what I am doing. I have tried posting party planning tips, recipes for parties, games, I am even beginning a monthly caption contest (I have held two so far) and still no one seems interested in what I am doing. I am not seeing any real affect on the business I am getting. Do any of you have a successful following on facebook (especially in a smaller city)

Thank you in advance!

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Hey everyone! My name is Josh Stacy and I am from the not so huge town of Tahlequah, Oklahoma. I plan on moving to a bigger city after I get out of school but right now I am stuck here throughout my college years. I was born and raised in this town so a lot of the people here know me pretty well and the community is very supportive of my magicianing. However, when it comes to actually being hired or parties and events, I am having some trouble. I always leave my customers satisfied and they all seem to like me and my work.

So my question is this: How can I engage my audience? I have a facebook page with about 350 likes. I am trying to make the content interesting to my "viewers" and still relevant to what I am doing. I have tried posting party planning tips, recipes for parties, games, I am even beginning a monthly caption contest (I have held two so far) and still no one seems interested in what I am doing. I am not seeing any real affect on the business I am getting. Do any of you have a successful following on facebook (especially in a smaller city)

Thank you in advance!
You say you have trouble finding an audience. Do you mean an online audience or a physical audience. If you aspire to have an online following, well, why? If you're looking for people that will hire you you're better off meeting people. The best way to advertise is to do magic on the streets and give people your business card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results