Reccomended Sleights/Tricks from the classics

Jun 29, 2008
I just recently purchased Sleight of Hand By Edwin Sachs, and Expert Card Technique by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue and I was wondering what tricks inside of these books stood out as being amazing or stunning. Or just sleights you reccomend learning to help my magic.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
I think that both of those books are gold mines.

Read them through carefully, and practice all of the moves and techniques - it is difficult to recommend certain moves or tricks, as I don't know what type of card tricks you like.

Try everything, and I think you'll find that most things in those books are highly usable and practical.

Jun 29, 2008
I have total confidence in Expert Card Technique, but with sleight of hand... I know that it must have at least fifty tricks that would any magicians reputation, but the book has very few illustrations and seperation bewtween tricks, (unlike bobo's which right before a trick it has the name of the trick in bold letters). So I cant look through for something I would be interested in. I just want to know what tricks work for others to see which can be used in a real world environment.

Jul 8, 2008
Awww, I can only wish to own Sleight of Hand one day. I have ECT though. I think you should read, learn, and understand the chapters on the pass, ambitious card, and the witchcraft card rise effect

May 3, 2008
One move I adore is the KM move. I rarely see that move and it seems really under-rated. I just love how you can take a doubled card and end completely clean. So if you ever do a color change that leaves you dirty and they ask to see the card you can just hand it out to them. I even created an effect with it where you have the spectator select a card and the card they pick changes colors in a really clean way.

Jun 29, 2008
I use and love the KM move, I actually learned from Richard Sanders.... Who abuses it and makes it seem like THE move to do. So I personally love that move. What page is it on?

May 3, 2008
I use and love the KM move, I actually learned from Richard Sanders.... Who abuses it and makes it seem like THE move to do. So I personally love that move. What page is it on?

Um...I don't know where it comes from. I learned it when I just started magic from a friend I think. Sorry.

Jun 29, 2008
Its cool, its just that I was looking for tricks that are in the two books ECT, and Sleight of Hand.

Jul 14, 2008
Expert Card Technique...this book is based on conjuring at the card table like The Expert at Card Table. I am not sure if that's what you are looking for if you are interested in gambling. If not, then I strongly suggest you to read on palming moves. They got some good ones in there. I am yet still reading and enjoying every page.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results