Recent Strolling Gig

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I was requested to perform some strolling magic at the Brookhaven Amphitheater on Long Island, NY. There were hundreds of people that attended for a festival/firework show that TFCU do every year.

They hired me, my balloon artist, and my face painter for two hours each. It was great and everybody had a fun time.
I always get worried when I book outside events since weather is always an issue. Luckily the rain held up, and it wasn't too cold either.

So we arrived there 45 minutes before the gig started to see where we'd be strolling. I met with the event coordinator and he gave us the run down of everything. They wanted me to stroll around in the VIP area, while the other part of my team went around by the picnic area.

At the start of the event, the VIP section wasn't filled out all the way, so I went to the regular crowd and started performing there. I mostly did card tricks and flourishing. I switched up a little bit for the kids with sponge balls, but that's pretty much it. Later went back and performed fro vip once they were all set up.

I had some pretty good reactions, and fortunately I was able to capture via photos.
I'm not sure why, but I was having trouble uploading them to this thread, kept getting an error message.
Here's the link to my Facebook page to check out the reactions.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.413669888687836.110599.305301316191361&type=1

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Nice job bro! You have some great pics for promo shots on your website. Too bad I don't live in New York to tag team some events with ya.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
You seem to be having fun...not to mention the guests!!...it´s always hard to have outside gigs...but it seems everything were fine... also I like the fact that the balloon sculpter and you have similar outfits...it looks profesional if you are working as a group

congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
You seem to be having fun...not to mention the guests!!...it´s always hard to have outside gigs...but it seems everything were fine... also I like the fact that the balloon sculpter and you have similar outfits...it looks profesional if you are working as a group

congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

Lol, funny you mentioned that.

We were hired as a group; more like a business. However it was simply coincidental that we showed up matching. Only difference was he had a jacket, and I had a vest.

But in the future, we're going to all wear the same color. It makes us look professional and just so that it's easier to find each other amongst the crowd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results