Red and Blue Wynn Decks

C

clarrus

guys, save your emotions for when everything is explained. I'm sure DandD are not in this for the $$. Seriously, look at how much the trilogy costs. I'm not the only one who thinks the trilogy was underpriced.

I'm sure there is an explanation to this process. Remember they don't control the world. If they really believe they got the last batch because the person who sold it to them said it was the last batch, can you really blame them?

Sep 1, 2007
Of course they are on the Wynn bandwagon, this is buisness. People want Wynns, Wynns are hot, they can charge anything and people would buy them. I'm sure the higher price also has to do with the fact T11 has a lot more money behind it than Dan and Dave do, so they need to turn profit faster in case they don't sell them all. If you have a problem with supply and demand, then you should probably go encase yourself in a little bubble and stay there forever. Magic is not a go happy playground that everyone seems to think it is, they sell products, we are consumers. I personally like products :D

Are you seeing the reactions in here? It's not about the supply, demand or that little bubble theory of yours. Nobody likes to be ripped off for no reason, (with you as an exception of course)

This should be a lesson learnt, look for alternative sources before jumping into it. It's always cheaper to cut off the middleman.

P.S. Hopefully Dan or Dave can stand out and explain the situation here, I've know they are always trying to give us the best they could. Maybe there is really a reason why these decks are priced higher.

Let's see what Dan and Dave said: "Recently selling on ebay for well over $50 a deck, these babies are scarce! Experience them for yourself WHILE SUPPLIES LAST"

They never said there was 12 of them in the world. They said that they were selling for $50 at Ebay (True Fact), then it says they are scarce (I would consider only being available at 1 or 2 other stores pretty scarce), While Supplies Last is a common marketing ploy, EVERYTHING is while stocks lasts, if they dont have any, they can't sell it. Doesn't mean they don't have 50,000,000 decks, the statement is still true.

I bought from dananddave because the gamblersgeneralstore needs me to call them for international orders, and that's just more hassle (Getting an international calling card) or money (Calling the number straight) than I save by just buying from Dan and Dave. If you are so annoyed about getting "ripped off" then just cancel your order. If you bought the cards because of marketing jargon or because you thought they were rare, especially without checking the facts then, too bad for you. I'm actaually glad there is lots of them, now I can actually use them rather than having to be all careful because I can't buy anymore.

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
Wynn Decks update

Hi Guys,

When we released the Red and Blue Wynn decks last night on our site, we were unaware, as was much of the community, that they would become readily available on other online sites. It was strictly our intention to provide you guys with these awesome cards as we knew of their demand and wanted to make you happy. We never meant to "pull a fast one," or to give you guys anything less than a good deal. We sincerely apologize for the scenario.

We appreciate and value your support more than anything. To make up for it, here is what we have come up with. We have changed the price of the Red & Blue Wynn Decks on our site to $2.99 plus shipping for all future orders. This price is extremely competitive to what others sites are selling the Red and Blue Wynn's for. For those of you who have already purchased, you will receive the exact amount of decks you ordered-- times TWO. Completely on the house. No additional shipping costs, either. If you ordered one, you'll get two. If you ordered 12, you'll get 24. If you ordered 36, expect 72 in the mail soon.

We hope that this demonstrates our loyalty to you guys, as you have done with us.

Happy Holidays,

Dan & Dave Buck

Nov 22, 2007
Hi Guys,

When we released the Red and Blue Wynn decks last night on our site, we were unaware, as was much of the community, that they would become readily available on other online sites. It was strictly our intention to provide you guys with these awesome cards as we knew of their demand and wanted to make you happy. We never meant to "pull a fast one," or to give you guys anything less than a good deal. We sincerely apologize for the scenario.

We appreciate and value your support more than anything. To make up for it, here is what we have come up with. We have changed the price of the Red & Blue Wynn Decks on our site to $2.99 plus shipping for all future orders. This price is extremely competitive to what others sites are selling the Red and Blue Wynn's for. For those of you who have already purchased, you will receive the exact amount of decks you ordered-- times TWO. Completely on the house. No additional shipping costs, either. If you ordered one, you'll get two. If you ordered 12, you'll get 24. If you ordered 36, expect 72 in the mail soon.

We hope that this demonstrates our loyalty to you guys, as you have done with us.

Happy Holidays,

Dan & Dave Buck

Hooray the day is saved :)

Just for clarification, if I order 3 blue and 4 red, I'd get 6 blue and 8 red, not 10 blue and 4 red, correct?

Dan and Dave, always the good guys. I love it. With Wynn's now cheaper than I buy Tally-Ho's I think I'll just buy their warehouse off them :p They actually lose $8 in shipping due to their doubling of my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I respect the Twins for the effort to correct things. That was also a very nice thing to do by doubling the orders. Very well done clarification delivered. Now we can all have a happy holiday.

Hi Guys,

Happy Holidays,

Dan & Dave Buck
Wow, guys. Wow.

Fantastic effort on your part to correct things. I have a real respect for you guys as artists and as businessmen. My deepest apologies for getting kind of hot headed earlier in this thread - I should have known you would have come through for us.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays,

Ryan

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
yeah, same here, that's why i wanted to split it.

Ideally i'd want 4 (2 of each colour - one to open, one to keep for later)

if we split it 3 ways, it's a little better. 4 each. any other takers?

Now i'm totally interested!!!!

Let's just split it 2 way.....roughly $22 each, for 3 of each colour.

let me know how you want to do this.

Sep 14, 2007
P'cola Florida
I got 2 decks today from a friend 1 blue and 1 red ...WOW is all I can say these babys handle great plus they feel Awesome! I just picked up 2 bricks from dan and dave thanks guys .

Nov 25, 2007
Hey everyone,

This post has been edited due to the overwhelming and gracious information provided by the awesome magic kiddos here at Theory11. Thanks again :)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hey all,

I may wanto purchase the Wynns that Dan and Dave are selling on there site, thank God, I can finally buy a deck of Wynns... thanks Dan and Dave for putting them out! Anyway I noticed that there is another thread selling Purple Wynns. I'm just wondering how many decks are in a brick of cards? I do like the Purple Wynns simply for the fact that they look "girly" and may make a nice presentation against certian backgrounds. The Bule and Red Wynns are fantastic too!

There are 12 decks of cards to each brick.

1,500th post. I need a life.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results