Red Black Triumph

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
So I was thinking of adding a triumph to one of those long 2 card routines. (Where its freely selected, wrong card gets changed into selection... under card box, card at any number etc.)

The thought of retaining a red/ black stack while doing the above effects occurred to me.

Now I was wondering if anyone knew of a triumph routine (published or on video) which ends with 2 selections reversed? I thought it would be an impressive visual to either have them reversed in their correct pile (red selection in red pile) or have them in the wrong pile (black selection in red)

It maybe time to get my creative juices running, but its good to have a head start if someones done something similar before (I'm pretty sure someone has!)

Any help would be appreciated ;-)

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
two shuffles harry by john hammond is the one its oin one of the easy to master card miracles
it is the effect your talking about the card is reversed in the opposite colour though

Sep 1, 2007
There's a few triumphs around that work on the red/black separation idea. In addition to this, there's a trick that plays with the same ideas you're thinking about in Duffie's "Effortless Card Magic" that might be worth a look.

Just a point to remember - triumph sometimes gets critisised for being muddled; two effects occouring simultaneously. While it's easy to ignore, it IS an issue, and several notable magicians have devoted time to "fixing" it. What you propose may end up being more confusing even than that HOWEVER, why not make the transposition of the two cards into a whole separate trick that leads into this one?

Or have the cards selected and placed either with the reds or blacks, have them switch, then do your triumph, culminating in having them switch back? The possibilities are endless.

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
Thanks DrOrange and Shodan, time to go hunting

Since this is part of a continuous set, I'd rather go for a less clean Triumph. Perhaps displays from a few packets (A Daryl type triumph) or a cutting display to show that the cards are mixed. (Instead of one of those all out spreads)

The appearance of the red/ black separation would be a surprise in itself, since the decks are supposed to be shuffled. (From all the previous tricks + triumph shuffling sequence) Hence, sure, there are a lot of effects but it shouldn't be too difficult to follow.

To me its just the final part of the two card routine

Surprise #1 Cards are righted #2 Deck is separated into two colors #3 Both cards end up reversed

Not a bad ending for an impromptu routine (or mini card set)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results