Redemption - Chris Ballinger

Jan 22, 2012
Alright you guys here's another review. This trick has been out for about a year now and I thought I should give my opinion on the first magic trick I ever purchased. If you don't know the trick then I'll briefly explain it. Basically it's a torn and restored card that vanishes and reappears at the top of the deck. It is very visual but there is a couple drawbacks to the trick that I will get to later in the review.

Quality
9/10
The quality of the package is very well made. It comes with a deck with half of the gimmick installed. It also comes with the second part in a little envelope and comes with 10 duplicate cards that you can use for practicing. As far as the video quality, the video is very nice and has nice camera angles for the teaching.

Teaching:
8/10
Alright there are two reasons why I put this at 8 instead of a 9. One, Chris is very slow when teaching each effect. He just goes on and on and on and when you think he's done, he goes on again. It's a great thing for beginners because they get to learn basic sleights and forces to go with this trick. He also goes over repairing the gimmick which is nice because some products do not do that for you. He also gives you other applications that you can use this for.

Effects:
Alright I'm going to break down 3 tricks on the DVD. One is the best trick in the DVD, the one that kinda lack and then the one that's good and bad.

Redemption:
7/10
This trick is the basic and original Redemption routine. It is an ending to an ambitious card routine where you rip up the card into pieces, place it into the spectator's hand and you wave the deck and it visually vanishes and appears at the top. I probably performed this a lot when I first got it and then it gets great reactions, but I always heard the same thing, "Where did the pieces go?" I know that most people won't believe that the cards actually vanished but then again this routine gives the most imperfect theory. Like most spectators believe that some random pieces of card some how disappeared and then the card was on the top all along. So I don't think torn and restored card and ambitious card should mix. But other than that its a great handling.

Torn Redemption:
9/10
This is the trick of the DVD! If you want a torn and restored card in the spectators hands or a visual restoration of the torn pieces than this is it. This is a great trick because you see the pieces are torn and then you wave the deck and its fused together! It gets great reactions and this is what Redemption is made to do, it's not an ambitious card routine ender, it is a torn restored plot. Overall very great trick.

Dollar Redemption:
6/10
I wasn't too pumped about this trick. This trick did not seemed rushed at all like as if Chris wanted to just put another trick to just put another trick but it's not really a good effect. It basically where a dollar bill slams on the deck and disappears and appears right next to the sign card. There is a very bad visual flash of the gimmick if you show too quickly and also the fact that it's really not great effect.

Overall:
7/10
Overall I can honestly say that this is a good utility device for TORN AND RESTORED PLOTS! If you want an actual card utility device, you should tool because it's way more versatile and then the fact that with Redemption only vanishes about the size of a quarter of a card. There is a handling where you can vanish the size of a regular card, BUT it's not as great as Tool. So if you want a torn and restored utility, then get this but for bigger vanishes get tool OR get tool and redemption and put your redemption in tool. Overall, I think this trick is good for beginners who are like hobbyist and amateurs but maybe not the working professional.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results