RESET by Paul Harris

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Yeah that's true, but. I find it hard to understand from books, and I don't like reading from it, because I don't think it's fun either. I just need the basics down. I heard something that Bill Malone did added it in one of his volumes, that's right? :p

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Also, check out Helder Guimaraes' version which leaves the cards completely clean and without added counts. It adds a new "phase" of switching only one card and the rest of the pack mimicking that card. Very clever indeed.

You can find this on YouTube as well as Bebel's Repro Retro.

Sep 4, 2007
Reading is a fundamaental part of magic. If you don't read, you will miss out on tons of information and not be able to reach a higher stage in magic. Please treat this art with respect and learn from books. ALso books like AOA, TOOC, are entertaining making it easier to read.

Michael Ammar

You can find Paul`s original handling on one of Michael Ammar´s "Easy to master card miracles".
I agree with the previous posts that you should not ignore books as a learning tool. To me, biggest pleasure with magic is exploring the literature...

You can find Paul`s original handling on one of Michael Ammar´s "Easy to master card miracles".
I agree with the previous posts that you should not ignore books as a learning tool. To me, biggest pleasure with magic is exploring the literature...

I couldn't agree more - well said! :)

Daugava, you can find Paul Harris' original handling on page 137 of the Art of Astonishment, Volume 1 book, under the name "Re-Set". He also includes alternate handlings under the name "Re-Set Options" on page 143 of the same book. If I'm not mistaken, the routine was also published on his Art of Astonishment VHS tapes - though I cannot actually recall.

For those interested, the effect was first introduced in Paul's book, Super Magic (1977).

Jordan

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Thanks for the help guys. Sure it's true, it's good to learn from books, but I often can't understand what they mean. It's too hard to understand when it's only like 1 picture for on of the moves. Maybe I'll look up Ammar's video on it. I really wanna learn this effect, one of my magic friends showed it to me, and it's so cool, I always tought it used like 12 cards. :p :)

Sure it's true, it's good to learn from books, but I often can't understand what they mean. It's too hard to understand when it's only like 1 picture for on of the moves.

In that case, you shall love the Art of Astonishment volumes. For example, in "Re-Set" there is 23 (twenty-three!!) illustrations throughout the text - and each section is broken down into "Steps" to ensure easy reading. I've never had a problem learning from his book and I don't think many other people have. Plus, you'll be learning from the creator himself - and that is always good. :)

Jordan

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
In that case, you shall love the Art of Astonishment volumes. For example, in "Re-Set" there is 23 (twenty-three!!) illustrations throughout the text - and each section is broken down into "Steps" to ensure easy reading. I've never had a problem learning from his book and I don't think many other people have. Plus, you'll be learning from the creator himself - and that is always good. :)

Jordan

Okay, check your PM. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results