Respect for other arts...

How do you get your music?

• I download it (without paying)

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I ask my friends for a copy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I buy my music EX: iTunes/CD's

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I do a little bit of downloading/little bit of buying.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Dec 10, 2007
Texas
*NOTE* Please do the poll before reading... Thank you!

Well, for those who voted on my poll -yes it seems kind of random, but it's a different art that came from the top of my head... Most of you download your music without paying for it... I do too -_-'
But this just shows that people that have no clue of an art, usually have no respect for it (atleast without knowing) I think every art should have respect.

It's just like Magic to Music...
Magic- some of us click the Youtube button -or find other ways...
Music- Clicking on the Limewire icon and clicking download... Going on other sites and clicking download...

It just goes to show most of us have (not none, but not knowing) respect for other arts... maybe thats what a beginner is like... maybe we just don't care.

The point i'm trying to get across -(not just music to magic, but music was the top one i could think of) is that some people (for magic) don't know Youtube is "wrong" or "disrespect". I'm not saying that they are wrong -im not saying that it is wrong, or anything like that. But for those who download music "illegally" (or not paying for it) maybe thats what its like. Maybe musicians feel that way about us/other people.

I just want to get this point across.

Thanks and take care,
Eugene

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Respecting an artist can only be done by giving money to him ?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, just something to think about...

not what im saying. its like most tricks sold... it'd be more respect to buy it than look up a weird/wrong explination of youtube right?

EX: like whenever i Download music... sometimes i feel a bit guilty and feel i should to pay or something.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
You can download magic off of limewire to, it's exactly the same as music, it doesn't always come down to youtube.

Nov 1, 2007
Sometimes I wish magic was a more tight-knit community, to the point that more magicians feel comfortable sharing material for free. One-trick DVDs take their toll on the paycheck, and whenever I buy effects, I always feel like I'm buying snake oil - the whole, "We'll teach YOU the secret for only $29.95!" There's a feeling of being scammed.

But that's just the extremist hippie in me, I guess. Inventors have to make money. This is a source of income for magicians, and they have to pay bills like the rest of us. Still - knowing there's people out there who say, "I want to release for the benefit of the community, not for money," even if it's only smaller effects, with the big stuff still attatched to a price tag..,

And there's always new magicians wanting to sell their lecture notes at 16.

It's not a solvable problem - needing money is a part of life, and I certainly won't fault anyone for trying to get by. But there's still that snake oil feeling... Sometimes it feels like we really don't care about magic as an art more than we do flashy decks and over-hyped effects that just add another trick to the arsenal instead of spurring self-creativity.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results