RETRIEVING ITEMS

Nov 19, 2017
I am working on a coin routine but can't seem to find a natural way to get a final load, which in my case is a dollar coin into my hand without it seeming unnatural of suspicious. I need to get the dollar coin unnoticed to wrap my patter and routine to an end. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Dec 30, 2014
If you wear a watch, then you could possibly keep the coin underneath the strap until you need it. Or there was a product that came out in 2017 where it automatically load a coin to your hand. Can't remember the name though.

Nov 19, 2017
The only props in this specific routine are cards and coins, but I always have a sharpie out when I’m performing for a heckler routine I have ready when I’m performing.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
A Servante. Secret Servante by Sean Goodman is good. Best used with a coat. This is likely discussed in a book somewhere, but I don't have many coin books.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The only props in this specific routine are cards and coins, but I always have a sharpie out when I’m performing for a heckler routine I have ready when I’m performing.
As you talk, and while they are distracted, you can pick up the sharpie and put it back in the pocket, palm the coin then.

You can also get away with (no sharpie here) just gesturing and turning your body just long enough for you to palm out the coin and keep it in palm. Just make sure you are using patter. Try and palm it ahead of time if possible, that way you have something to distract them with while it happens.

Nov 19, 2017
As you talk, and while they are distracted, you can pick up the sharpie and put it back in the pocket, palm the coin then.

You can also get away with (no sharpie here) just gesturing and turning your body just long enough for you to palm out the coin and keep it in palm. Just make sure you are using patter. Try and palm it ahead of time if possible, that way you have something to distract them with while it happens.

Ok I think I'll try to do that in this routine. I think pocketing something else will be the way to go.

Nov 19, 2017
Spider vanish then produce the coin from you knee. It is the most natural I think. Let me attach a video of David stone performing it here:

Move happens at 1:45

I use the Spider Vanish in a Flurry but it won't help me in this routine because it is a color changing effect and after 3 color changes I cover the half dollar up but retrieve a dollar coin and switch them and after I continue my patter then I without saying anything I lift up the card and let them notice.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I use the Spider Vanish in a Flurry but it won't help me in this routine because it is a color changing effect and after 3 color changes I cover the half dollar up but retrieve a dollar coin and switch them and after I continue my patter then I without saying anything I lift up the card and let them notice.
Can you post a video of what you have so far? I’ll see if I can come up with something for you.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Ok I’ll post a video of it tomorrow, but be ready for a sloppy performance because I haven’t practiced enough for performance ready.
If you want to keep it private perhaps send it as a direct message that way it isn’t displayed to the public. It will be just to have a better understanding of what you are trying to do so even if it is sloppy it doesn’t matter too much. If anyone here is interested to see it maybe send them a DM if the trick as well. A link to an unlisted YouTube video should work.

Nov 19, 2017
Ok I’ll post a video of it tomorrow.
If you want to keep it private perhaps send it as a direct message that way it isn’t displayed to the public. It will be just to have a better understanding of what you are trying to do so even if it is sloppy it doesn’t matter too much. If anyone here is interested to see it maybe send them a DM if the trick as well. A link to an unlisted YouTube video should work.
I’ll just put a link to it as an unlisted YouTube video.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results