Review :: Flow by Dan Hauss

May 7, 2008
Flow was released by the Astonishment Project a day prior to the release at E. He may have purchased it from there, cut him some slack.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
do u really need do buy refill gimmicks? or can u find it at a store? Thanks

It is something you can possibly find in a party store, but the refills are probably not that expensive and supposedly made to be better quality than the version of it you find in a store.

For you other guys.

-No you can't stick your finger up in it.
-It comes with something to make around 100 gimmicks, each gimmick is not reusable.
-The gimmick will not be found on the ground, in one of my performances the spectator was searching the ground for something that could possibly have been holding up the water and of course couldn't find it.
-The bottle can be set up in less than a minute; meaning that you can take an empty bottle from a spectator and when you go to the bathroom to fill the bottle, you can set it up.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
i got this, i dont like it.

the prep for me (freshman in high school) is just too much.

i would have to prep this RIGHT THEN AND THERE, and not when im at home and then walk to school.

so, i dont like this one.

THEN AGAIN, I KNEW i wasnt going to be able to use it and i boght it just for the secret (i know, tsk, tsk)

BUT THE GIMMICK IS GENIUS and the dvd is well produced, i recommend this to those who can afford to have the set-up time

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
most of the Q are answered on the thread @ magiccafe forum. if their words can be believed then yes u can pre-setup the gimmick hours beforehand and even do a sealed cap thing with it.

Sep 28, 2007

i would have to prep this RIGHT THEN AND THERE, and not when im at home and then walk to school.

Can't you set it up and carry it around in your schoolbag or is it too risky?

Sep 1, 2007

Thats never a good investment, if you're not going to use it why bother?

Anyway, I do plan on being able to do this at school, but I carry a water bottle around all the time, but I can see how it would be a little bit of a problem, because at minimum you should probably wait till lunch time to perform it.

They do sell water bottles at lunch at my school, so you could buy one, prep it and perform then, or do you not have that option? Because I think this trick is almost school-proof, and thats saying a lot.

~Beans

Sep 28, 2007
(During school?)...Prep it when? where?
They said you can't prep it in front of the specs.
Has to be in private.

Kinda unsanitary going to the bathroom with a bottled beverage if you ask me.

I think I'll stick with Anti Gravico. It only costs a buck and doesn't require refills and you can do it on the spot with a borrowed bottle.
It's not messy either.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Has to be in private.

I think I'll stick with Anti Gravico. It only costs a buck and doesn't require refills and you can do it on the spot with a borrowed bottle.
It's not messy either.

It's too many people who knows it, and it's easy to see the gimmick in the clear sunlight. ;)

Sep 28, 2007
Good point, I'll probably stay away from both of them, but Anti Gravico is nice and inexpensive for a bar trick.
Because people are familiar with similar effects, they might say something is blocking it and want to feel the opening, which you can't blame then for.

And if anyone touches it for any reason, they will know it's not magic holding it there.

I don't think audience management will work 100% of the time.
Nobody likes to hear "look, but don't touch"

People are just naturally curious and sometimes you can't stop them from examining during crucial moments, especially if you leave it in there hands.

Sep 1, 2007
Has to be in private.

It's not messy either.

When was it ever suspicious to walk to the bathroom with a water bottle? Maybe it's just me but I don't call the cops on someone that brings something that belongs to them wherever they go.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
Thats never a good investment, if you're not going to use it why bother?

Anyway, I do plan on being able to do this at school, but I carry a water bottle around all the time, but I can see how it would be a little bit of a problem, because at minimum you should probably wait till lunch time to perform it.

They do sell water bottles at lunch at my school, so you could buy one, prep it and perform then, or do you not have that option? Because I think this trick is almost school-proof, and thats saying a lot.

~Beans

i bothered because it looked TOO FREAKING AMAZING, im going to mess around with it a little bit more though

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC

Its not like anybody is going to drink it...

I don't think audience management will work 100% of the time.
Nobody likes to hear "look, but don't touch"

People are just naturally curious and sometimes you can't stop them from examining during crucial moments, especially if you leave it in there hands.

This is what audience management is all about and yes it can work 100% of the time. You pick your audience and your audience is so in tranced with what has happened that they don't think to put their finger up in the bottle because you tell them to hold it up and look inside. They don't see anything so therefore there must not be anything there, don't give the spectators to much credit for intelligence when they are going through an emotionally charged situation.

You want to also have a rapport with the spectators, meaning that they "trust" you. You perform less risky tricks first or you have a reputation and they will be more likely to believe what is happening with less questioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 28, 2007
"In the sunlight, they might see it."
Also, because it is quite risky and delicate it is no way 100% going to work properly all the time.
Some videos that aired show the delicacy of the gimmick.

Dec 19, 2008
New York/Texas
First off, hello all. I'm new to the forum. I plan on purchasing this. I just wanted to say that a potential solution to help in the prevention of the spectator sticking their finger in the bottle while they're holding it is to make sure you've given them an object to hold in what would be their free hand. (the bottle cap, a box of matches or something else that could pertain to the trick.) Make sense?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results