REVIEW :: The Vintage Holdout

TITLE and Creator: The Vintage Holdout by Zach Mueller & Michael Stern

Effect: The Vintage Holdout isn't an effect per se, but a concept using a feature found in Vintage Decks. That being said, Zach and Michael teach three effects using this concept

Price: $4.95

Teaching: The teaching was very clear and easy to follow along. They cover how to make the necessary gaff, three basic effects you can do with said gaff, and even a way of modifying other, non vintage decks, to use with this concept

Quality of materials(if it is a gimmik etc): As it's an instant download, you don't receive any gaffs but as mentioned above, everything is taught on the video and will cost you nothing more than the price of a vintage deck.

Difficulty: What's great about this concept is that it can appeal to all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or an expert, you will be able to use this concept and apply it your existing routines. Like any effect, you will have to practice it to make it look as smooth and natural as it does in the video, but it is nothing that will take years to master.

Applications: Zach and Michael teach you three effects that you can do with the Vintage Holdout, however they encourage you to come up with your own. Personally my favorite effect was the rising card, I really enjoyed the kicker ending of performing a color change to change the card to the selection. It's a simple and practical Rising Card effect that everyone should enjoy.

Overall Rating: Overall I think that Zach and Michael knocked this out of the park. This is a great concept and is a must have for anyone who performs with vintage decks. I remember Zach telling me about this a few months ago, and I remember thinking how clever the method was. Highly recommended

Feb 11, 2012
I really love this concept. I've already worked out a solid sandwich effect with it. It would be super cool if some company (maybe one with an inside track at USPCC) could create a new deck that has the properties required for this effect. *cough *cough theory11.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results