Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Revolver by Greg Wilson

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/mag...oads/revolver/
Price - $10 USD
Format - Digital Download

The blurb:
Quote Originally Posted by VanishingInc
With REVOLVER Gregory Wilson does what he does best: he takes powerful, proven plots and incorporates them into a polished performance piece. If you've ever searched for an Inversion routine or a Triumph routine, this has both! But it also has so much more. It has a logical beginning, middle, and end, and each phase sets you up for the next.

No table is ever used, and it plays for larger groups as well as one-on-one. At Vanishing Inc. our downloads have been primarily concerned with cutting edge, never-before-seen moves (of which there is one here), but with REVOLVER you're getting a ready-to-use card effect that will become a mainstay in your professional repertoire.

Uses no table, perfect for strolling
Has FIVE phases - use one, two, or all five phases; it's up to you.
Is visually arresting, with the entire deck changing orientation three different times

Running time: 22 minutes, 27 seconds.
I'm a fan of Vanishing Inc. Though I haven't purchased a lot of their material, everything I've ever gotten from them was very good. I've never gotten anything by Greg Wilson before, but he's got a great reputation. I like this routine so I picked it up.

This is not the best thing they've ever put out, however. I still think it's a quality routine, and I'm not unhappy with the purchase. But it seems to me like they had one night to film everything, and they had to make due with what they got no matter what.

The result of this is that it's not as clear as it could be. It seemed a little bit like they did not have a clear script (Joshua Jay interrupts frequently, which can be distracting), and they seemed to have had at least two filming sessions (The selected card changes for the last phase, for example). A couple of the moves are glossed over, and in my opinion one of the moves is not ideal. The ending phase is not clearly taught, and I had to break it down and figure it out myself. The instructions just don't explain enough to make it clear for me.

I think it would be a good idea to re-film the instructions, personally. I think they need to sit down with a proper script and film it all over, to make things more clear. With better instructions, I would have been satisfied paying twice the current price.

All of that being said, I'm happy with the routine. It fits perfectly into my style of card magic, being that it's completely impromptu and can be done with a deck in pretty much any condition. I will be modifying it a bit to suit my needs, but I do that with everything. Overall, I do recommend this to anyone that is interested, with the caveat that you will have to watch the video repeatedly, and you may have to figure out some stuff on your own.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results