Rich Ferguson on Ellen

Aug 6, 2008
Its called the Frixion pen. You can use it on any paper and it just needs fire/heat to make it dissapear. You can purchase it at Ellusionist, at your local staples/office depot, or other online websites like amazon.

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
For anyone else who is curious it seems you just need regular paper. Disappearing ink pens are sold where the ink lasts for quite a while unless you take a lighter to it for instant vanishment. Also, you don't need any special ink to make a message appear when the lighter is used; you can make a mark with any sharp object and it will appear when the paper fibers are altered from the heat. Pretty neat presentation to his effect. Does anyone have a brand of disappearing ink pen that they would recommend?

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Holy damn ... some magic just happened while i was watching this ... Like probably others , i was watching this holding and messing with a deck. He then said "name any card" ... she said "the four of hearts", all this while i was mimicking a trick (it's something that i do unconsciously when i hold a deck where i just select a card for no apparent reason), and i looked down to the card i selected, then again, with no apparent reason to look down and BAMMM !!!! I was holding the Four of hearts

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Holy damn ... some magic just happened while i was watching this ... Like probably others , i was watching this holding and messing with a deck. He then said "name any card" ... she said "the four of hearts", all this while i was mimicking a trick (it's something that i do unconsciously when i hold a deck where i just select a card for no apparent reason), and i looked down to the card i selected, then again, with no apparent reason to look down and BAMMM !!!! I was holding the Four of hearts

I love it when things like that happen. I on the other hand just realized how he was accomplishing the Window effect and thought it was an awesome idea; it usually takes me a few viewing before I realize what's happening behind the scenes. I just bought two 3 packs of Frixion pens and wow! I wrote my name and put it over the stove top for a second and it "magically" vanished! Poof! Instantly! Wow I think I have found my new favorite gimmick, and I will be stocking up on a ton of them! A+ gimmick! And hey 6 pens for $10.81 at Staples is not a bad deal at all. Highly recommended people!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results