Riffle shuffle control

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
I wanna talk about this control to you guys. I mean, not about keeping the top card while doing riffle shuffle, about controlling the card beneath the pinky break to the top. Hopefully, you'll understand me. So, I just love this sleight and wanna ask you - is this move invisible? Will the audiece suspect something when I riffle the half of the deck until I get to the break? Cause I can't look at this situation like the spectator and haven't performed this move yet. So, any tips? I would appreciate that very much.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Give it a little time misdirection and you should be fine. Also, it could be better to not immediately get a break above the card you want to control ; rather let them put the card on top of the bottom half, and then you can dribble the remaining cards on top of that - or just drop the top half tilted towards the audience, thus emphacizing the "fairness" of the situation, but in reallity creating a natural break in the deck that you can use later (check Crash Course 1 and Ninja 1, it's explained in it).

Bottom line is : people fall for the riffle force, so I'm sure your control will be invisible if you're careful ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Give it a little time misdirection and you should be fine. Also, it could be better to not immediately get a break above the card you want to control ; rather let them put the card on top of the bottom half, and then you can dribble the remaining cards on top of that - or just drop the top half tilted towards the audience, thus emphacizing the "fairness" of the situation, but in reallity creating a natural break in the deck that you can use later (check Crash Course 1 and Ninja 1, it's explained in it).

Bottom line is : people fall for the riffle shuffle, so I'm sure your control will be invisible if you're careful ;)
Thanks for your tips, and yeah, I know how to get a break invisible, the most comfortable way for me is dribbling the cards :) I shot a video of me doing this move, it's completely invisible, even if your hands are burned, believe me. But, if there are more tips - welcome :)

Sep 1, 2007
Obviously it's invisible.. It's not really a move. You're just shuffling a certain card to the top; there's nothing to be hidden.

That said, for this to work as a control, they must be convinced that there's no way you can have control of their card. Personally, I dont think a single riffle shuffle is enough to dissapate any suspicion. Maybe milk the selection and follow up your riffle with an overhand shuffle?

ALSO, always keep in mind that you're doing a control that looks like a shuffle, so any trick that the card must seemingly be never moved, or something like that, then this isnt the contrl to use. Just remember that the control must suit the trick.

And dont make a deal of shuffling, just do it seemingly absent-mindedly.

May 31, 2010
I usually just swing cut half the deck and have the spectator replace their selection on the bottom half, then swing cut little packets on top holding a break. Then riffle to the break and riffle shuffle and viola! their card is now on top :D

Jun 2, 2010
XI'AN CHINA
Hello~I'm a freshman here.but I'm very happy to share my opinions with you.From where I stand, it's a very natural move,just give the audience some misdirection such as talking to them ,looking at their eyes while you're doing the move.Maybe you can use other controls such as the classic pass.the 26 shift.Er...maybe there're some grammar mistakes in my reply.I'm a little out of practice in my English.haha~BYthe way,I'm ZheHu from China~

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Hello~I'm a freshman here.but I'm very happy to share my opinions with you.From where I stand, it's a very natural move,just give the audience some misdirection such as talking to them ,looking at their eyes while you're doing the move.Maybe you can use other controls such as the classic pass.the 26 shift.Er...maybe there're some grammar mistakes in my reply.I'm a little out of practice in my English.haha~BYthe way,I'm ZheHu from China~
Thanks for your advice :) But, unfortunately, I can't do classic pass. I have several deceptive card controls in my arsenal, such as Shinobi, Swing Swivel Undercut Control, Double undercut, and, now, Riffle shuffle control. I know that these are not terribly difficult to do, but they look awesome and deceptive. Anyone knows any card controls that are familiar with these ones?

Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for your advice :) But, unfortunately, I can't do classic pass. I have several deceptive card controls in my arsenal, such as Shinobi, Swing Swivel Undercut Control, Double undercut, and, now, Riffle shuffle control. I know that these are not terribly difficult to do, but they look awesome and deceptive. Anyone knows any card controls that are familiar with these ones?

I suggest you learn not only the Classic Pass, but the Herman Pass as well. Both are excellent moves and when done well, you don't need much misdirection. They're worth the effort and once you master them, you'll find that your tricks will start to become better and better. Jason England has a great 1on1 on the Classic Pass. Not exactly sure where you could learn the Herman Pass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results