Ring Magic

Feb 3, 2013
London
Hey guys, I've recently been getting into some close up ring magic (finger ring)
All I really have is reflex by Patrick Kun and I was looking to expand my horizons with rings, so what ring related products do you recommend e.g which DVDs, which downloads etc
Thanks a lot.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas is great. There's a video I've considered called Ringja that looks good, but it also looks like it's just techniques that have already been published that have been developed further. Ring Master is another good DVD - I'm blanking on the guy's name. Australian I think.

Divorce by Justin Miller is a good routine but it's built from stuff that's been published elsewhere so you'll get some tips on presentation, but if you study the rest of the material out there you won't really find anything new. Though the ring-through-pinky he does is beautiful.

Dec 11, 2013
Bulgaria
Divorce by Justin Miller is similar to "Reflex" but has good things too.
I also recommend you buying Circuit by Zach Heath. It takes a lot of practice but its worth it !
You can also check Peter McKinnon's DVD "Lock, Stock and Riot" it has many effects and one really good trick with ring.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Dan Hauss has some things in his his Murphy's lecture. My favorite thing of Dan's with rings is his growing ring effect.

Ring on string magic can be fin as well as ring flight. You get a whole bunch of ring on string material on Mark Eldson's Murphy's lecture.

John Gustaferro also has a handful of ring ans straw ideas on his Murphy's lecture and Greg Wilson has a small effect with a ring and coin on his lecture.

Jan 17, 2015
I think there is a comedic routine in Gregory Wilson's On the Spot DVD that uses a borrowed ring. You will need one of your own ring and something we all have in our wallet for it to work. It's not very magical though (in my opinion although I may be biased as I've seen Ring Leader)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results